Sign in to follow this  
Ckeatin

Fast bush plane recommendation

Ok, maybe "bush" and "fast" was the wrong way to ask :-)How about fairly fast (150-200 knots or more) with good short field capability. A plane where I can get in and out of the majority of strips/airports in the ORBX scenery?It doesn't have to be a "pure" bush plane.Thanks for all of the great suggestions guys.

I think we should let Ckeatin chime back in. Bush flying is generally not "fast". The real planes used on coastal BC for bush planes are floats or amphibious. The include Cessna Caravan, deHavilland Beavers, Otters - Twin and Single engine, Grumman Goose and a couple of others. There are some other types that fly into dirt strips but do not land on water such as Piper Cherokee.Anyway, agree with other posts, this is FS do whatever, it is a game. If your looking for real, fast is not smart especially in coastal BC it can be a good way to die.Never in my life have a seen a Piper Cub on coastal BC inlet.80% of flying of bush flying in my region is the Beaver and Goose with some Cessna thrown in for good measure. They are work horses, highly maneuverable and can handle the horrid weather when it arrives.Otters are mainly uses on the commercial routes between Vancouver and Victoria and a few coastal situations. Bella Coola to Vancouver. Anaheim Lake to Bella Coola - stuff like that.

My pick for quickly getting around the PNW is the Alphasim/Virtavia V22 Osprey with the STOL/VTOL enhancement by Rob Barendregt. It is easy on the frame rates (unlike the Wilco Harrier), yet fast enough to do some exploring in a reasonable amount of time. Realism factor, a big fat zero; but the enjoyment factor is a solid ten.Regards, Mike Mann

Don't forget about the Aerosoft Bush Hawk XP. Amphib, wheels and skis plus a full IFR version.I think its a great airplane for tooling around Orbx's PNW. Not as fast as the Duke but great performance, nonetheless.image000h.th.png

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

Ok, maybe "bush" and "fast" was the wrong way to ask :-)How about fairly fast (150-200 knots or more) with good short field capability. A plane where I can get in and out of the majority of strips/airports in the ORBX scenery?It doesn't have to be a "pure" bush plane.Thanks for all of the great suggestions guys.
One more time: Kodiak :(

Bert

.PC-12 from flight one has great capabilities, its my preferred bush plane.

This is one more endorsement for Lionhearts Quest Kodiak. I just purchased Orbx's PNW and NRM sceneries and have been having a blast with the Kodiak. It is fast but not to fast so you don't miss any of the great scenery and I haven't found a strip it can't land on.