Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

New PC for NGX - advice please

My son is building me a budget pc in readiness for the NGX release.Here are his suggestions:CPU - i7 2600k. £235Motherboard - Asus P8H67 -M LX New B3 Rev £75Power supply: Corsair 600w £50Ram: Corsair 2 x 4GB £70Graphics card: Nvidea 560 ti £175Any comments would be welcome and if you guys think it is worth investing a little more, I would consider it.Bill Miller

Bill Miller

My son is building me a budget pc in readiness for the NGX release.Here are his suggestions:CPU - i7 2600k. £235Motherboard - Asus P8H67 -M LX New B3 Rev £75Power supply: Corsair 600w £50Ram: Corsair 2 x 4GB £35Graphics card: Nvidea 560 ti £175Any comments would be welcome and if you guys think it is worth investing a little more, I would consider it.Bill Miller
Motherboard - Asus P8H67 -M LX New B3 Rev £75Don't buy the H67 series motherboard. The whole point of the 2600K is its ability to reach high overclock speeds & H67 boards won't let you. The Asus P8P67 Pro is an affordable board that will do anything you need.Aside from that, a decent aftermarket cpu cooler like the Corsair A70 or H70. Overclocking that cpu is very easy. There are links around here for some decent guides & as long as you follow them carefully the risk of damaging your cpu is extremely low.

I am by no means an expert, but I would possibly look at a more powerful power supply. Stepping up to 800W may offer a day-to-day efficiency bonus. Saying this, I'm standing by to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable.Cheers

Motherboard - Asus P8H67 -M LX New B3 Rev £75Don't buy the H67 series motherboard. The whole point of the 2600K is its ability to reach high overclock speeds & H67 boards won't let you. The Asus P8P67 Pro is an affordable board that will do anything you need.Aside from that, a decent aftermarket cpu cooler like the Corsair A70 or H70. Overclocking that cpu is very easy. There are links around here for some decent guides & as long as you follow them carefully the risk of damaging your cpu is extremely low.
Hands up for the P8P67 PRO. It´s an easy overclocker and affordable.

I am by no means an expert, but I would possibly look at a more powerful power supply. Stepping up to 800W may offer a day-to-day efficiency bonus. Saying this, I'm standing by to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable.Cheers
Provided that it's a good PSU, 600W is more than enough for an overclocked 2600K + GTX560. It has to be either a Corsair CX600 or a GS600. Both are powerful enough for that rig:CX600 has 40A in the 12V rail for 480WGS600 has 48A in the 12V rail for 576WThe GS might even handle two GTX560 in SLI

I agree with everyone else... Everything looks good, maybe just bump upto a 750W PS

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Also, if it's for FSX, get a I5 2500K instead. A p67 board as already mentioned and a decent cooler to overclock it

Also, if it's for FSX, get a I5 2500K instead. A p67 board as already mentioned and a decent cooler to overclock it
That would save some money if it's going to be used solely for FSX. I opted for the 2600K for other purposes.

Better board and 750watt PSU. Have fun.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.