Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sho69607

computer temps?

Now that summer has rolled around and its over 100 degrees Fahrenheit every day my computer is having poor performance. Im not sure if these temps are normal for my cpu and videocard. but it is concerning me about these temps. my cpu is the intel core 2 duo e8400 and the core temps are 59 celcius and 55 celcius. my ati radeon 5750 is running at 62 celcius. this came from pc wizard. Are these temps normal or is something wrong. Here in AZ it gets very hot in the summer!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

62C for a video card is cool. My gtx570 will run around 75 under load.

my cpu is the intel core 2 duo e8400 and the core temps are 59 celcius and 55 celcius. my ati radeon 5750 is running at 62 celcius.
Are these idle temps or load temps? It's been ~100 every day here in Texas as well, and fairly humid too!

Many OCers OC to the limit in winter and then in the summer... surprise!If you didn't write-down yor temps when you tested your system for stability (you should have!) then run an air conditioner to get your simpit room temp down to your usual when yor system is stable. Write-down those "stable system" baseline temps, and compare with whatever your system temps are when your simpit is hot and you will get an idea for where you need to back-off on the OC.Not a bad idea at all to have winter and summer BIOS proviles for OCing...Also a good idea to get the dust off your heat sinks, fan blades and exhaust grilles before the hot season.Cheers,- jahman.

Get an air conditioner! Who wants to sit in a 100 degree room and play FSX. Ugh!

Get an air conditioner! Who wants to sit in a 100 degree room and play FSX. Ugh!
I do have a/c but my room is upstairs and it is hot as hell
62C for a video card is cool. My gtx570 will run around 75 under load.
idle temps.