Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

General Questions

I plan to buy the MCP Combo II Airbus version and want to ask if it is supported by Linda. In the FAQ I have seen is only the Boeing version listed.Thanks in advance and keep up the great work

I have bought the MCP Combo II (Boeing) and cannot install it in LINDA (even in the new version 1.1 always the old MCP is shown).Has anybody an idea?Thanks in advance, guys!Andreas
Please check your LINDA Settings:"Setup MCP Combo" > "MCP Combo settings" > "Type"Hope that helps...

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

I plan to buy the MCP Combo II Airbus version and want to ask if it is supported by Linda. In the FAQ I have seen is only the Boeing version listed.Thanks in advance and keep up the great work
Nobody is using the MCP II Combo Airbus type with Linda? Does it work?

Nobody is using the MCP II Combo Airbus type with Linda? Does it work?
VRi Airbus type MCP/FCU is not supported by LINDA.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I have a question, please about the VRI Jet Liner MCP and Reality XP. I have tried without success to use the MCP to control the RXP 530 in the Duke Turbine. The WX key will open up the GNS window, but that is the only thing that works. Nothing else does.

The MCP works fine for other planes, so the connection is good.

Is there a trick to this? I'm running the latest version of the RXP gauge.

Thanks!

Colin

Hello Colin,

have you edited the RXP ini file?

### SETTINGS INSIDE RXPGNS.ini ###################

Look here: c:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\settings\rxpgns.ini

530_CONTRAST_INC=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Q
530_CONTRAST_DEC=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A
530_CONTRAST_RESET=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Z
530_POW=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+P
530_COMFLIP=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+C
530_NAVFLIP=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+N
530_CDI=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F1
530_OBS=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F2
530_MSG=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F3
530_FPL=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F4
530_PROC=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F5
530_NAV=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6
530_DTO=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F7
530_MNU=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F8
530_CLR=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9
530_ENT=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10
530_RANGE_INC=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F11
530_RANGE_DEC=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F12
530_LKNOBO_L=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F13
530_LKNOBO_R=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F14
530_LKNOBI_L=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F15
530_LKNOBI_R=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F16
530_LKNOBPUSH=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F17
530_RKNOBO_L=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F18
530_RKNOBO_R=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F19
530_RKNOBI_L=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F20
530_RKNOBI_R=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F21
530_RKNOBPUSH=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F22
530_EXPORTFPL=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F23
530_SWAPRADIOS=CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S

Just copy the above and insert it in your *.ini

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a ton. 90% of the way there. I'm getting an error message for a number of function - unable to load hot key control shift alt Function 10,11,12, 1, 2

I checked to see if they were assigned anywhere else and they were not - at least in FSX. I cleared out all my keystroke assignments and my fsuipc assigments.

So the functions assigned don't work.

Also, every time I use some of the rotaries on the efis panel with the rxp assigments, the menu bar comes up.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

thanks!

Well, lots of trial and error later, I got it working. I assigned a new set of key commands in the RXP .ini file and then manully put them into Linda. Works great. Even got the cursor to work pushing one of the radials.

It's because of the RXP key commands using the ALT key, the ALT key shows and hides the FSX menu.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi guys,

New here... I have just bought the MCP Combo II Airbus version from the States (to New Zealand) and then just found a post saying that LINDA will not work with this verson of the panel?

My questions are : 1) can it be made to work somehow (as wanting to use it with Airbus X) ...or is it too difficult? & 2) would it be best to use the VRInsight software instead?

I'd hate to think i've spent $600 on something that wont work... or i should rephrase that, it will work but this (LINDA) software seems to be superior to other software?

Sorry if i have repaeated other posters!

Cheers

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Doug,

I'll ask Artem for a definitve answer (and will write it then in the FAQ)

But beside this, I will let you know my thoughts:

If you could rephrase it, do it!

(don't wait too long until it isn't possible any linger)

reasons:

-- all modules here are developed for the Boeing Combo.

Even when the Airbus Combo would work in a way probably, it will certainly not work 100%

I can't promise that all the display infos we have will work correct.

--FSX is developed for Boeing (unfortunately)

All great addons out there (especially the NGX) are Boeing style.

Many more will come: 777, 747 etc

So you will have always more Boeing style Addons then Airbus.

Currently, there are just promises about a good Airbus addon - future will tell if this will change.

If so, we just have one type from FSL and Aerosoft

-- You have a longer display in the Boeing Combo instead of the two small in the Airbus.

Means longer information is possible. We use this in some modules.

But beside this, you have one more rotary at the Boeing and more buttons.

And believe me: you can't have enough buttons :)

-- the Boeing Combo is cheaper :)

(and I wonder why you pay 600$ - I'll find it for 560$ ... or is the ferry to NZ so high?)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Many thanks Guenter!

FSX was for Beoings! Well I never.....!!!

I daren't tell my good wife!!! Having said that.... there still is a fair swag of Airbus users out here hence programming for at least 1 of the busses would be a huge plus for the sim community... whatever airbus the programmers choose being able to use the panel properly would just make a whole bunch of consumers very very happy indeed....

It would be unrealistic to spend quantum time on programming every airbus out there due to the small market...but just one, fully operational airbus like aerosoft would be absolutley awesome.... i would asusme then all the airbus fans like myself would then crawl back under our rock and be as happy as a kid in a lollie factory! :)

Anyway, thank you for your reply my freind, i cant go back on my purchase now so will have to make the best of what i have...

Thanks Guenter!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug