Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

J41 FMS Flight Plan

I currently use FsBuild to create flight plans, then import them into the J41 FMS via the normal FMS flight plan select screen. When I activate the plan and go the Flight Plan 1 screen instead of showing the Depart and Arrival airfields i.e. KHPN - KIAD it shows the Dep and Arr runways say 27R - 26L (just and example).How can I get the FMS to show the Airfields and not the Runways as the Dept and Arr points. I don't want to enter the flight plans waypoint to waypoint via the FMS, I prefer to use FsBuild and importGlen

Glen

You can add manually those airports, select the RWY waypoint in FMS, enter ICAO, then RWY will move down, select it once again and use BACK key to delete it.On the other hand, you don't need to enter plight plans waypoint by waypoint, you should use airways instead, it's much easier and faster this way.Regards,

Hi GrzegorzMany thanks for your help, I'll give that ago.Don't know if Ernie Alston still monitors these pages as I believe he created the FMS as well as FsBuild. It would be nice if it didn't happen in the first place, I may just be doing something wrong.Glen

Glen

I don't get why this is a problem? I think it's quite handy to show the runway that is used in the flightplan. If you want flightplans without a runway, check the Exclude SID/STAR option in FSBuild. This way it just shows the airports in the FMS.

Thanks for the InfoIts not a problem, just personal preference.Glen

Glen

This is how the real world unit functions. When building a flight plan, if you do not select any departure or approach info, it will not display the runways. Once you select the runways in the departure/arrival page it will only display the runways and the airport way point will change to correspond to the threshold of the selected runway.This is sort of a product of some mid-90's issues regarding pilots utilizing GPS distance to the field as a squirely roundabout reference for NDB, and other types of non-precision approaches. There was some incidents (if I recall) about some pilots coming in high and fast once they reached minimums, as approach plates showed distance to threshold, and not to the geographic center of the field.