Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve0616

FRF KABQ Green Grass

I must have installed some grass textures that have replaced those around the runways and airport area. My textures are a mix of green and desert, but the green part of it (mostly on the north side of airport) really look unnatural for this desert airport. Anyone know off hand which texture files are doing this so I can get the full desert effect back?Many thanks....

I must have installed some grass textures that have replaced those around the runways and airport area. My textures are a mix of green and desert, but the green part of it (mostly on the north side of airport) really look unnatural for this desert airport. Anyone know off hand which texture files are doing this so I can get the full desert effect back?Many thanks....
Try moving KABQ up to priority number 1 in the Scenery Library dialogue and see if that makes any difference.You will have to exit and restart FS2004 of course for the change to take effect.

Try moving KABQ up to priority number 1 in the Scenery Library dialogue and see if that makes any difference.You will have to exit and restart FS2004 of course for the change to take effect.
Tried that, but I still get the nice green grass areas, which shouldn't be there. Here's a screenshot attached.

Tried that, but I still get the nice green grass areas, which shouldn't be there. Here's a screenshot attached.
There are a couple of things you might try in an effort to track down the problem.a. Disable (not delete) the FRF KABQ scenery and see if the terrain is still "wrong" at the default airport.b. If it is, then indeed you have installed some terrain enhancement which has overwritten or disabled some textures for that area.c. If you can, disabled whatever Terrain enhancement you have and test again - with and without the FRF addition.d. If that still does not point to a solution, you may wish to restore the NAMC folder (especially the textures) from your install disks.I believe NAMC is located on Disk 3 in the MSGAME8.cabAny cab file can be opened and files extracted using any good zip/unzip utility.These resources will also be useful in locating file etc. on your install disks:http://www.cat-tamer...sim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Hope that points you in the right direction.

There are a couple of things you might try in an effort to track down the problem.a. Disable (not delete) the FRF KABQ scenery and see if the terrain is still "wrong" at the default airport.b. If it is, then indeed you have installed some terrain enhancement which has overwritten or disabled some textures for that area.c. If you can, disabled whatever Terrain enhancement you have and test again - with and without the FRF addition.d. If that still does not point to a solution, you may wish to restore the NAMC folder (especially the textures) from your install disks.I believe NAMC is located on Disk 3 in the MSGAME8.cabAny cab file can be opened and files extracted using any good zip/unzip utility.These resources will also be useful in locating file etc. on your install disks:http://www.cat-tamer...sim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Hope that points you in the right direction.
Thanks Dave. Yeah, these grass textures replaced the default ones, and I can't find it. So until something jogs my memory about what I installed here (probably several years ago), I am just going back to the original KABQ2004 by Charlie Kleissler. There's something still enchanting about his older version with the photorealistic ground, and that fits right in with the "Land of Enchantment". The FRF update is really nice also, but I'm guessing the ground texture file I need is in the world cab on disc 4 and there are a zillion of them without any hint of locale, so I'll pass. Thanks again for your reply, somebody may yet recognize it.

In any folder choose a detailed file view and sort by 'modified'. That should make it easier to find changed/replaced files.