Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airbus

Lisbon Portugal Elevation Problem

Hello:I just started flying around Portugal and decided to install two very interesting sceneries. I installed Project Lisbon photoreal(plpv4.1) by Pedro Oliveira and the now freeware PT_Terrain which contains scenery and landclass for all of Portugal. I placed plpv4.1 scenery above the PT_Terrain scenery in my scenery.cfg file. Below is a screenshot of my PMDG Air France parked at (above) gate A14 LPPT. Has anyone experienced this problem and how can it be fixed? Thanks for any help or suggestions!Airbus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiAlthough I don't use either of these addons (I use Aerosoft Lisbon), I have had similar problems occasionally at other airports and usually the cause is a conflict between two addons. I would uninstall one or other of the addons (perhaps the PT_Terrain first) and see if the problem persists.Hope this helps,Bill

HiAlthough I don't use either of these addons (I use Aerosoft Lisbon), I have had similar problems occasionally at other airports and usually the cause is a conflict between two addons. I would uninstall one or other of the addons (perhaps the PT_Terrain first) and see if the problem persists.Hope this helps,Bill
Bill:Thanks for your response. I tried deactivating each one separately and yes the problem goes away. Maybe I can't use both sceneries together however Pedro said in his readme to install PT_terrain also. I think I might try to send an email to Pedro and see is there is a resolution.Airbus

Look for any other afcad files other than the one includes with the scenery. The best tool for this is AFCAD221just for examining layers and file paths. Any other afcad file that has runways, parking, taxiways besides the stock and the add-on itself should have the extension renamed. (Some traffic programs install afcads.) I recommend not using AFCAD any longer to modify files.I see that the buildings appear correctly elevated. How about AI on the runways and taxiways.ADE9 has an airport elevation adjustment tool and you can open the afcad or afx file within it (leaving non afd objects alone) directly and check out and correct those object afd type object elevations. As usual back up any files you modify.