Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

[old] LINDA v1.13 released!

It's a shame. I'd like to assing some NGX switches to a second keyboard.

Hidmacros can't send properly CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT keystroke to NGX, only NGX. For all others aircrafts works.

For this reason I thought to LINDA.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Riccardo,

Same problem here ...

I like HidMacros a lot before using LINDA for the NGX.

Have you thinck to use some Voice Activated Commands program ?

I have no relation with but here is a link to one i use : http://www.dwvac.com/ (

The VAC system is a useful program which you use to issue commands to your flight simulator)

(to the moderator : if it is a problem to link to other program in the forum, please delete my response)

Lets look at it. It is not free (dont cost too much) but you can try it for 14 days.

I hope it help you.

Michel Veréb

Riccardo,

My apologies. I made a mistake (was wake up too early this morning ...)

Voice Activated Command program i use dont work with PMDG NGX ... like HidMAcros ...

It works with other add-on ...

Michel Veréb

Hi Michelle, don't worry. i know VAC and used a demo in 737 PMDG for FS9 years ago, and it works fine.

For my NGX I have FS2Crew, superb in a word!

My idea was to use a 2nd keyboard to assign so many button of NGX MCP, but combination with CTRL, ALT, SHIFT doesn't work, so I thought to LINDA.

But this usefull program will not support any kind of keyoard, it's a shame IMHO.

Which kind of hardware/joystick do you use with LINDA?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I do not want to be nit-picking and this is probably due to language restrictions, but you have used now the second time "it's a shame". I'd like to remember you, that this is not a shame, this is just freeware. Use it or not. But do not make rants about.

Thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm sorry, you are right :-)

Riccardo

Riccardo

LINDA recognize up to 10 HID devices with buttons.

The best for you is to build a simple panel with all the buttons you need and connect it with BU0836X cards from Leo Bodnar.

I use that in place of my second keyboard for the 737 NGX.

I will send you pics tonight when i am home ..

Michel Veréb

It's very kind of you Michel. The problem is that I don't know anything aout electronics, I know some people use Leo Bodnar for panels, but I don't know where to start.

Without going off topic can you send me in PM some usefull links to start?

Many many thanks,

Riccardo

Riccardo

Riccardo

I will send you info in PM.

I dont know anything about electronics too ... but you will see, it is relatively easy ... and very enjoyable to do it yourself.

Michel Veréb

I use also this Bodnar thingy and can highly recommend it.

You really need no electronic knowledge. Enter the next electronic shop or have a look at conrad.com, this is a german store for electronics (don't if there's also one in Italy?) Enter "switch" in the site search and you get countless switches you can use.

What you need before is a plan which settings you want to have: lights, gear, battery, hydraulics, etc?

I would recommend to keep it simple the first time until you have experimented a bit.

Just take an old box and mount the switches in there ...

This is my switchpanel - primitive but it works ...

dsc02523g.jpg

Guenter Steiner

Hey guys, it's very fantastic what your hardware can do interfacing with LINDA.

Thanks for this opportunity.

@Michele: thank you very much for your detailed email, I'll also send you an email requesting some knowledge base, tips and suggestions.

Riccardo

Günter

The most important is that it works and that you feel happy to have made it yourself ...

Michel Veréb

I just loaded Linda to get better contol of my switches and it works great. The only problem I am having is that Linda opens in full screen modewith some of the window extended below the visible part of the screen. I can't reduce the window to see the whole screen. When adding fsx general functions, the window seems to have more commands off screen but I am not sure. Is this a bug when running under XP or am I doing something srong?

uh,

I never heard about such a bug, but we have it also not tested under XP ...

I hope Artem could jump in as I have no clue here ...

What screen resolution do you have?

Guenter Steiner

I love LINDA. I do wish that aircraft designers would pay more attention to it and FSUIPC. There are some really wonderful aircraft that I can't use my hardware with for simple things (RealAir Duke non-turbine...cowl flaps, Milviz C310, PMDG J41 prop sync). Usually, it's the simple switches but it's things that make me take my attention away from flying...switches you can often use your peripheral vision or a feel of your fingertips (Duke cowl flaps) to change in the real aircraft and makes the real aircraft easier to fly than the sim.

It could be my poor understanding of how to discover the codes and program the buttons...maybe not. In any case, I hope that the aircraft developers give us a better path to using LINDA and hardware in the future.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM