Sign in to follow this  
flya150

No RXP GPS Popups

The C210 is a nice aircraft to fly. I think Carenado did a nice job here with this one, however there is one issue I see with the RXP GPS option. That is the Pop Up windows do not work as they should. The Default Carenando GPS530 will popup when clicked on, the 430 will not. The RXP 530 and 430 will not popup when clicked on either.Below is a diagram from the RXP GNS WAAS user guide with information on the click spots. An “RXPGNS.ini” file needs to reside in your Carenado Centurion T210 folder, this allows for the popup and other functions setup in your GNS WAAS FSX Config tool.397558273.jpg1- Navigation Device selection: The click spot cycles the available navigation devices when clicked with the right mouse button.2 - Autopilot mode: The click spot cycles the GNS/Autopilot link modes when clicked with the right mouse button. Available modes are Off, HDG and NAV.3- Contrast: The GNS WAAS 430XP/530XP screen contrast is adjusted with this click spot, in a range from 0.3 to 1.5. The middle mouse button (wheel push) resets the contrast to 1.0.4 and 5 - Radios Sets swap: The click spot swaps the radios set between COM1/NAV1 and COM2/NAV2 when clicked with the right mouse button.6 - Autoresize: The click spot resizes the GNS to the gauge original size and aspect ratio when clicked with the right mouse button if the gauge is displayed in a popup window. The middle mouse button (wheel push) resets the aspect ratio only.7 - Popup: The click spot toggles the popup window. The Left and Right mouse buttons operate two different popup idents configured in the RXPGNS.INI file. GNS WAAS Config automatically configures the click spot for proper operation.8 - Export Flight Plan: Using the right mouse button on the click spot exports the active flight plan in a Flight Simulator compatible file. The flight plan filename contains the UTC date and time and is saved in the following folders:There will also need to be a window for each GPS in your panel file.Example: [Window00]Background_color=255,255,255 size_mm=520,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=15531window_size= 0.360, 0.438window_pos= 0.015, 0.020zorder=0gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530, 0,0,520,378---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Window01]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=545,300window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=15431window_size= 0.345, 0.255window_pos= 0.650, 0.020zorder=0gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430_2, 0,0,545,300-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There also must be a RXPGNS.ini file in the “Carenado Centurion T210” folderExample: [GNS530]Popup=15531AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoCdiMode=0AutoApproach=OffLinkVor=1LcdStyle=OffAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=360Trainer=C:\Microsoft Games\Garmin\GNS400W-500W TrainerNoKeyClick=OffDisableRxTx=OffAutoPowerOn=OffAutoRadiosOff=OnGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=OffAutoCourse=OnLinkObs=OnShadinFuel=OnRadioSyncMode=FullBrightness=-1.000000CrossFill=OnTCAD=OnTaws=OffTawsVolume=60TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_NEG_CLIMB_RATE=TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0CPU=0HardwareDevice=OffHardwareIdx=0FuelType=0[sETTINGS]Dimmer=OffSimpleMouse=OffKeyOnFocus=On[GNS430]AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoCdiMode=0AutoApproach=OffLinkVor=1LcdStyle=OffAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=210Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffDisableRxTx=OffAutoPowerOn=OffAutoRadiosOff=OnGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=OffAutoCourse=OffLinkObs=OnShadinFuel=OnRadioSyncMode=FullBrightness=-1.000000CrossFill=OffTCAD=OffFuelType=0Taws=OnTawsVolume=60TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_NEG_CLIMB_RATE=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0CPU=0HardwareDevice=OffHardwareIdx=0[GNS430_2]Popup=15431AutoPilotMode=2Radios=2LinkCdiKey=OnAutoCdiMode=0AutoApproach=OffLinkVor=2LcdStyle=OffAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=210Trainer=C:\Microsoft Games\Garmin\GNS400W-500W TrainerNoKeyClick=OffDisableRxTx=OffAutoPowerOn=OffAutoRadiosOff=OnGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=OffAutoCourse=OnLinkObs=OnShadinFuel=OnRadioSyncMode=FullBrightness=-1.000000CrossFill=OnTCAD=OffFuelType=0Taws=OnTawsVolume=60TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_NEG_CLIMB_RATE=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_CAUT=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_OBST_IMPACT_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_OBST_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_IMMINENT_TERR_IMPACT_WRNG=0TAWS_ALRT_TYPE_REDUCED_TERR_CLEARANCE_WRNG=0CPU=0HardwareDevice=OffHardwareIdx=0[GTX327]AutoStandBy=OnAutoStandByDelay=24VFRCode=1200AltitudeFormat=FLFlightTimerMode=CLEARAcftType=LESS_15500FlightTimer=0.000000CountUpTimer=0.000000CountDnTimer=0.000000CountDnTimerRef=0.000000AutoPowerOn=AltBrightness=-1.000000[GMA340]Brightness=-1.000000I hope that Carenado will restore this ability to have popup windows as Reality XP designed it.Flya150

Scott

It is relatively easy to add these files to your install, by hand!Edit the panel.cfg folder with Notepad to add the popup windows and delete the Carenado default(s).Add or edit the rxpgns.ini file in the 210 aircraft folder..

Bert

It is relatively easy to add these files to your install, by hand!Edit the panel.cfg folder with Notepad to add the popup windows and delete the Carenado default(s).Add or edit the rxpgns.ini file in the 210 aircraft folder..
Hi Bert, thank you for your reply. I have created the two popup windows as shown in my example and have the rxpgns.ini in the proper folder location all the idents are correct. I think this aircraft has something in the model that is prevent a toggle popup to work. with the RXP installation. I no longer get the small magnifier glass over the GPS. The only GPS that will popup is the Default Carenado 530 when installed. flya150

Scott

Hi Bert, thank you for your reply. I have created the two popup windows as shown in my example and have the rxpgns.ini in the proper folder location all the idents are correct. I think this aircraft has something in the model that is prevent a toggle popup to work. with the RXP installation. I no longer get the small magnifier glass over the GPS. The only GPS that will popup is the Default Carenado 530 when installed. flya150
Agreed, I believe there's a "glass" (part of the model) covering access to the popup in this bird. Normally running the RXP config program will create one but I can't get it to work on this plane. For now shift+5 opens a popup GNS window.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No popup here either, it would be nice if Carenado could sort this out, it is very hard for me to read the gns fonts without the option to resize the popup.Thanks,David DD

Two things to make the GNS530 popup work1. Set popup=794 in the rxpgns.ini file, and make sure the Popup Window has ident=794 set2. Turn off Instrument Reflections and VC Windows in the Carenado config panel

Bert

2. Turn off Instrument Reflections and VC Windows in the Carenado config panel
Brilliant! Ryan was on the right track when he talked about "glass" covering the gauge.I had matching idents already in place, but turning off instrument reflections was the long missing key. I'm able to leave VC Windows on, but not reflections.Thanks again, Bert!Scott Edited by tttocs

Thanks should actually go the DavidDD above, who figured out the trick of turning off the Instrument Reflections.. :(

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I was happy to help!After all I've been receiving support in these forums for so long...it's nice to give back sometimes!I love being part of this guys!David Di Domizio

I love being part of this guys!
The level of help is simply amazing. Thanks for catching this one David.Scott

2. Turn off Instrument Reflections and VC Windows in the Carenado config panel

How does one turn off Instrument Reflections? I don't see anything resembling that in panel.cfg. Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

You need to access the Carenado config panel.. Try shift-2, shift-3 etc until it pops up.

Bert

You need to access the Carenado config panel.. Try shift-2, shift-3 etc until it pops up.

Wow, that was a quick reply! Unfortunately I've been playing with the panel.cfg and have moved windows around. If I remember correctly, I thought these informational windows were just mapped to bitmap files:

But maybe not..... Good tip, I think I found it:

gauge00=CCTC!Control_windows, 0,0,581,153

Thank you very much.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

How do I permanently set Instrument Reflections to off instead of turning it off at the Carenado Config panel each time I launch FSX?

Thank you.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

You need a little XML gauge that will do that for you..

This works in the C90 and should also work in the 210..

<Gauge Name="IR_off" Version="1.0">

<!-- No instrument Reflections -->

<Element>

<Select>

<Value>

(L:InitIR,bool) ! if{

1 (>L:WINDOWSTINTBOOL2,bool)

1 (>L:InitIR,bool) }

</Value>

</Select>

</Element>

</Gauge>

Put this code code into a text file, called IR_off.xml

Put the xml file in a new subsfolder to your panel folder, named Controls

In the first Vcockpit section of the panel.cfg file, add

Gaugexx = Controls!IR_Off, 0,0,1,1

to the bottom (adjust xx to the next unused number)

Bert