Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

B25 HTML manual

I just bought the download B25 (FSX), and I'm trying to get the manual to work. I got the HTML in one download and the JPG files in another, but the installation instructions are confusing since they assume I have the CD. I have ended up with all the HTML and JPGs in the same folder, but when I load the index page all I get is a blank page with a line of icons across the top. Only the Help icon does anything (and it's not the kind of help I need!)Any ideas? I'm using Firefox if that's relevant.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Actually, now I am confused. Having looked again at the 'free stuff' pages on the web site, there seem to be several alternative manuals for the B25. I tried downloading a different one, which is also HTML but is not the scanned manual. (It has lots of pictures in and refers to things like sample flights.) The internal HTML links in this manual also don't work for me.Can someone give a simple explanation of which files are which? I just want to make sure I get all the information, and in a form that I can print.Thanks.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Actually, now I am confused. Having looked again at the 'free stuff' pages on the web site, there seem to be several alternative manuals for the B25. I tried downloading a different one, which is also HTML but is not the scanned manual. (It has lots of pictures in and refers to things like sample flights.) The internal HTML links in this manual also don't work for me.Can someone give a simple explanation of which files are which? I just want to make sure I get all the information, and in a form that I can print.Thanks.
Hi Mark. First of all, Are we talking about the Software User's Manual, or one of the genuine, scanned WWII manuals? Only the latter are scanned. If it is the SUM you want the 7th Edition Manual. Next, for any of the manuals, you must extract the zip before you can see and use the images. If you try to open it using Windows Explorer, as Win7 will prompt you to do, for instance, the images will not be shown. Instead, go to your Downloads folder, right click on the zip, and extract it. You may then move the whole manual folder to the location of your choice. Once you have done this you will be able to open the html file and it will call up the images. I will ammend the instructions on the FREE STUFF Pages to explain this quirk, which has really only become an issue since Win7 came out, as far as I know.There is not yet a PDF version of the 7th Edition Manual, but I hope to have one soon. Perhaps someone can volunteer to convert it for us? You can, however, print out the html version.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Okay, I now have the v7 software user manual and the links do actually work (not sure why they didn't before). However, I still cannot get the scanned manual to work. I have the JPG files extracted, and I have the HTML files extracted from a file called b25btfm.zip. As far as I can tell from the instructions, these are all supposed to go in the same folder. However, this doesn't work. A cursory look at the HTML suggests that the JPG files are named using a different scheme than it is expecting (e.g. the HTML says 000_07.JPG, but the file I have is 007.JPG, and so on). No matter, I can see all the scanned pages and will find a way to print them out en masse, which is all I really want.The HTML checklist from the aircraft folder also mentions two other manuals, a Flight Manual and Flight Handbook, which it says are available on a supplementary CD. Can we also download these manuals?Ta.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Okay, I now have the v7 software user manual and the links do actually work (not sure why they didn't before). However, I still cannot get the scanned manual to work. I have the JPG files extracted, and I have the HTML files extracted from a file called b25btfm.zip. As far as I can tell from the instructions, these are all supposed to go in the same folder. However, this doesn't work. A cursory look at the HTML suggests that the JPG files are named using a different scheme than it is expecting (e.g. the HTML says 000_07.JPG, but the file I have is 007.JPG, and so on). No matter, I can see all the scanned pages and will find a way to print them out en masse, which is all I really want.The HTML checklist from the aircraft folder also mentions two other manuals, a Flight Manual and Flight Handbook, which it says are available on a supplementary CD. Can we also download these manuals?Ta.
Hi Mark. I've put together a new zip of the PTM with the interactive add-on included and everything working as it should. It's uploaded to the Free Stuf Pages. Here is the link.Yes, you can now download the B-25 Multi-Media Libraryfrom our On-Line Store for $10.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Mark. I've put together a new zip of the PTM with the interactive add-on included and everything working as it should. It's uploaded to the Free Stuf Pages. Here is the link.Yes, you can now download the B-25 Multi-Media Libraryfrom our On-Line Store for $10.
Thanks, will check out both links...

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Thanks, will check out both links...
Hi Mark,If you're interested I've done my normal conversion and produced a printable Word document from the new V7 manual - available in both A4 (113pp) and US Letter (120pp) formats. Both are about 10Mb in size. As I now have access to Word 2010 (which can directly open HTML documents) these are near-identical to the original HTML version, other than minor image resizing and insertion of clean page breaks for printing.Alastair

Hi Mark,If you're interested I've done my normal conversion and produced a printable Word document from the new V7 manual - available in both A4 (113pp) and US Letter (120pp) formats. Both are about 10Mb in size. As I now have access to Word 2010 (which can directly open HTML documents) these are near-identical to the original HTML version, other than minor image resizing and insertion of clean page breaks for printing.Alastair
Yes, that sounds useful! A4 is best for me, and I have access to Word 2003 (home) or 2010 (work). Can you email, or how can we do this?Cheers,

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Hi Mark, Sorry for the delay - I've been busy ! Here are the links
Thanks, great job! (P.S. My only suggestion is to add the page number in the footer before printing!)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Hi Alastair. Thanks for going to this trouble. I'd like to upload these to our own server and link them to the Free Stuff Pages with your blessing. I'm currently getting a maintenance flag when trying to DL them, but I'll try again later, unless you want to send them to me by e-mail. Cheers.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org