Sign in to follow this  

737Ng now a gigaplane

They almost look real - don't they?
maybe because they actually ARE real ;)RegardsAlex Lehmann

Thanks for the captures Ray. Does anyone remember where the HMU is? What can be seen in #1 seems to be the EEC, hmm.Plus one thing I noted is that the lower flap almost points straight down when extended (suppose that's flaps 40 here). It might be the perspective, but yet I think it's pretty impressive. I suppose the flap "angle" can nowhere be measured in any way? Like say, at flaps 5 there's an angle of 5 degs somewhere? Or is it just called flap "position" 5, without an actual angle that justifies the name.Then I checked a.net just to find out the A380 has one SINGLE flap (not slotted). Quite interesting... while the B744 has triple-slotted flaps. Guess they went a long way in aerodynamic design. I know it's totally o/t but whenever you can check out A380 wing view videos on YT during final approach with some windy conditions. The three ailerons will certainly drive you nuts. :(sig.gif

Can't speak for the 737 but on the scarebus the drain masts (and indeed the majority of probes) are heated constantly while the aircraft is powered, albeit at different levels when on the ground and in flight.The masts also work as overflows and so can drip water during flight - also if the system has residual water in it and the masts were not heated during flight then this would freeze inside the mast at altitude and could cause damage. Same reason why water and waste tanks are drained before the aircraft is left overnight in sub-zero conditions :smile:Hope that helps!
Definitely yes ! ThxBTW are you a real bus liner to be so much on the edge ?? ph34r.gif

Unfortunately for some reason I couldn't get it to work on my laptop...I have silverlight but still no joy, it just seems to run out of steam while loading, pity as it looks very interesting.

Anthony Milner

I was hoping they'd do one in Delta colors though...United is still better than Southwest though ;)

Inactive

maybe because they actually ARE real ;)RegardsAlex Lehmann
And here was me thinking they were screenshots of the RC! :(:(
Definitely yes ! ThxBTW are you a real bus liner to be so much on the edge ?? ph34r.gif
I'm afraid so! Now I need to run and hide before the boeing lot find me :(

Aft drain mast as far as I can recall is directly from the rear lav sink. Anyone who has worked with the NG's know these masts well as on windy days that tends get you quite wet when someone is using the sink. Its a big no no to for F/As to pour old but still hot coffee down the sinks on the ground for this very reason. Deffinattly not one of the joys of working on the ramp. Getting someones dirty sink water all over you from that mast while your trying to load the bags.

Could have chosen a descent livery though lol - Not a fan of the United livery.John Ellison

Thanks for the captures Ray. Does anyone remember where the HMU is? What can be seen in #1 seems to be the EEC, hmm.Plus one thing I noted is that the lower flap almost points straight down when extended (suppose that's flaps 40 here). It might be the perspective, but yet I think it's pretty impressive. I suppose the flap "angle" can nowhere be measured in any way? Like say, at flaps 5 there's an angle of 5 degs somewhere? Or is it just called flap "position" 5, without an actual angle that justifies the name.Then I checked a.net just to find out the A380 has one SINGLE flap (not slotted). Quite interesting... while the B744 has triple-slotted flaps. Guess they went a long way in aerodynamic design. I know it's totally o/t but whenever you can check out A380 wing view videos on YT during final approach with some windy conditions. The three ailerons will certainly drive you nuts. :(sig.gif
Yeah, this grey box inside the engine cowling is in fact the Electronic Engine Control.

Yeah, this grey box inside the engine cowling is in fact the Electronic Engine Control.
Yeah but I suppose it's got an HMU as well or is the EEC replacing the HMU altogether?sig.gifOh, and I forgot to add that Silverlight thingy is driving me nuts. Is it just me or is that darn thing just pretty laggy? Not that I usually suffer from slow connection speeds, but this thing literally takes minutes to even react. What a shame. :(

I imagine that it would be cool, its just a shame that they have chosen to use Silverlight for this ... surely it would be better to select a technology that actually works on a whole range of computers?
It does use Silverlight! I had to download and install it to view the 737 "Explore" feature.This is great! I could spend a lot of time looking at these 3D pictures. They are beautiful.