Sign in to follow this  
pilotguy03

Just Flight/CLS 767 and MD-81

Hello! I might have posted in the wrong place.I was thinking about purchasing the Just Flight 767 for FSX. I am worried that if I purchase and download it, the file will be zipped and I have to use Winzip which I do not have. Are Just Flight and CLS products zipped?I was also thinking about buying the boxed version of the Just Flight MD-81. Does that come with the livery manager? Please help me!

Here is a free "unzipper":-http://www.7-zip.org/

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I use Winrar for zip files. It is free and easy to use. Google it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest jahman

You don't need an unZipper since Windows XP! You just:

1. Navigate your File Explorer "into" the zipped file as if it were just another folder,
  2. Select the files you want to extract (Ctrl-A for All),
  3. Ctrl-C to copy (or Ctrol-X to remove),
  4. Open another File Explorer window,
  5. Navigate to where you want to extract your files to, and then just
  6. Ctrl-V to paste you files there.

Couldn't be easier.Cheers,- jahman.

You don't need an unZipper since Windows XP! You just:
  1. Navigate your File Explorer "into" the zipped file as if it were just another folder,
  2. Select the files you want to extract (Ctrl-A for All),
  3. Ctrl-C to copy (or Ctrol-X to remove),
  4. Open another File Explorer window,
  5. Navigate to where you want to extract your files to, and then just
  6. Ctrl-V to paste you files there.

Couldn't be easier.Cheers,- jahman.

Actually, it's even easier..I just 'drag & drop' the contents to another folder.3 clicks of the mouse!

Guest jahman
Actually, it's even easier..I just 'drag & drop' the contents to another folder.3 clicks of the mouse!
Bingo! :( Cheers,- jahman.

Guest jahman
I use Windows Vista and have Google Chrome
What's your question?Cheers,- jahman.

Hello! I might have posted in the wrong place.I was thinking about purchasing the Just Flight 767 for FSX. I am worried that if I purchase and download it, the file will be zipped and I have to use Winzip which I do not have. Are Just Flight and CLS products zipped?I was also thinking about buying the boxed version of the Just Flight MD-81. Does that come with the livery manager? Please help me!
Okay. Thanks but are Just Flight Products zipped?

Jayflies -- sorry if this is redundant but I think seeing your quote about Vista there may be some confusion. Every Windows since XP (including XP, Vista and 7) support zipped files out of the box. Most of the time you just double-click it and browse it like any other folder. For non-zip files you can check out 7-zip and WinRar, two good free packages that support other compressed types.If you're using Vista unless there are some other issues zipped files shouldn't be a problem. If there is and you need some help with that, you may want to try clarifying as otherwise people will just say you won't have a problem.

Let's simplify this even further:Jay: your computer can already open zip files. You don't need a special program to do it.

Let's simplify this even further:Jay: your computer can already open zip files. You don't need a special program to do it.
When I open a zipped file it says, "Windows cannot open the folder"The compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid"

Guest jahman

That's because you installed some program that told Windows "I will handle zip files from now on" and then somehow that program is no longer available (usually because the program was uninstalled and the uninstaller didn't bother to restore the previous association for zip files). (In Win XP) gp to File Explorer/Tools/Options, click the "File Types" tab and select the ZIP extension. Make sure it says "Opens with: Compressed Folder (zip)". If it doesn't, click the "Change" button and select "Recommended Programs" and "Compressed folders" and click "OK". Cheers, - jahman.

That's because you installed some program that told Windows "I will handle zip files from now on" and then somehow that program is no longer available (usually because the program was uninstalled and the uninstaller didn't bother to restore the previous association for zip files). (In Win XP) gp to File Explorer/Tools/Options, click the "File Types" tab and select the ZIP extension. Make sure it says "Opens with: Compressed Folder (zip)". If it doesn't, click the "Change" button and select "Recommended Programs" and "Compressed folders" and click "OK". Cheers, - jahman.
Nope, I didn't install anything that said I know how to handle zipped files. Oh well!Thank you guys sooo much for your support!

Nope, I didn't install anything that said I know how to handle zipped files. Oh well!
Go through the steps he posted if you haven't even if you don't think you did install anything -- something has corrupted Windows' memory of what to do with zipped files as evident by your error message.