Sign in to follow this  
fsxflyer

737NGX for Microsoft Flight - Possible?

@AWACS: You are cleared pre-contact position!If you like hardcore military sims that require study and practise, get it - you will love it! From the moment you start taxying you will know you are handling a serious sim.Best regards,Robin.

Go ahead and share the link Mark.
When I was giving up I found 50% of my proof, better than nothing. It is really a pity the second one has been retired by Ms , the second one was the most arcade image I have ever seen in ages, anyway, luckily I also found a whole topic on this forum when I was just quitting my research. Just%20Kidding.gifThis leads me to look for the second arcadish image I found on a korean site, just gimme some more time and I'll find it, I hope. Stay tunedhttp://forum.avsim.n...ms-flight-fail/Mark Fosseth

When I was giving up I found 50% of my proof, better than nothing. It is really a pity the second one has been retired by Ms , the second one was the most arcade image I have ever seen in ages, anyway, luckily I also found a whole topic on this forum when I was just quitting my research. Just%20Kidding.gifThis leads me to look for the second arcadish image I found on a korean site, just gimme some more time and I'll find it, I hope. Stay tunedhttp://forum.avsim.n...ms-flight-fail/Mark Fosseth
Mark,From one picture of a battleship you're going to deduce that Flight is an arcade game? Please, you need to do better. That would be like posting a picture of the Statue of Liberty from FSX and saying that it must be an arcade game.And, what does a picture of a battleship have to do with whether or not Flight will have a weather engine, ATC or AI, flight planner, or the other features you said are missing?As quoted from the Flight website: "The new “Microsoft Flight” retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity."That means it will be much like FSX/FS9 with some more missions/challenges thrown in if you so choose to use them as well as enhanced online features, but if you just want to fly around using it just as a sim, you can do that as well.Like I said, provide some proof that there will be no ATC, weather, AI, flight planner, etc, and I wont say another word. The only problem is that no one outside of MS who has signed an NDA can say anything about it, so you, being an anonymous internet figure, fairly new here, and stating all the things you think are true and saying "trust me", just adds to the fact that your statements are a little far fetched.I dont need to see anymore pictures of ships, since ships dont have anything to do with weather or ATC.Sean Campbell
Let me know when the sky finishes falling.-stefan
:( :( Yeah, really.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Let me know when the sky finishes falling.-stefan
I'm already getting my tinfoil hat.

In addition, as JD345 correctly states...
Mark ... my warmest thanks in advance for reading my post before putting words in my mouth next time... I correctly stated that FSX is a new face on a very old platform... and MS Flight is a brand-new engine being built up from scratch. There is next to no solid information as to the gameplay of MS Flight right now... we know it's a new game engine, and we know it's called MS Flight, and we know it's supposed to come out sometime next year. You can shoot from the hip and just say what you think, or want to think... that there's no this, or no that... but it's just a bunch of wild speculation based on next to nothing. MS knows we're all going buy it, they're not going to have to win us over... they might be marketing it in another direction (the missions in FSX are somehow different?) but there's been no indication they're going to abandon a formula in a genre that their product line essentially created, and despite their market share being approximately the size of the market, go in some silly new direction leaving airliner sim freaks out to dry... And that pic of the battleship proves what, exactly? I don't see some mission where you have to do whatever the blazes you're talking about... looks like a screenshot of some scenery, if it's actually from MS Flight at all.Honestly, the only "default" thing I care about is the ENGINE. I don't care about the default ATC, the default traffic, the default , the default airplanes, the default weather, the default scenery... MS Flight is going to have 21st century flight dynamics, and 21st century graphics. And since it will be designed to take full advantage of today's system resources, it will probably run a lot smoother than FSX, which is horribly inefficient. Whatever things they throw in on top of the basic graphics and flight dynamics engine is of little concern. I use the default FSX icon, and the default FSX menu screen, to load all kinds of other addons into the default FSX flight and graphics engine. So I don't really care what silly things they come up with.An "App Store" for addons isn't necessarily going to kill developers. The idea is that it would be a consistent point of purchase. That wouldn't kill developers but it might cause problems for publishers/resellers like Flight1. Now, if MS started placing restrictions on what developers can and can't do, that's another thing... We'll just have to see how it works, if indeed that's the direction they go in.

Honestly, the only "default" thing I care about is the ENGINE. I don't care about the default ATC, the default traffic, the default , the default airplanes, the default weather, the default scenery... MS Flight is going to have 21st century flight dynamics, and 21st century graphics. And since it will be designed to take full advantage of today's system resources, it will probably run a lot smoother than FSX, which is horribly inefficient. Whatever things they throw in on top of the basic graphics and flight dynamics engine is of little concern. I use the default FSX icon, and the default FSX menu screen, to load all kinds of other addons into the default FSX flight and graphics engine. So I don't really care what silly things they come up with.
I understand your whole point of view and I share above all the quoted one.Told that, I am one of those fastidious guys who have a different opinion from the mass and each time I express that within a MS Flight thread everyone who think different point me as " weird " just because I write on a forum an own opinion different from the Flight anfd therefore the mass.I have been banned by at least 3 Ms Flight forum and to be honest that's quite strange this censure when I respect forum rules, all that due to a different opinion.I said straight what I think to a MS Flight developer and I feel no regret for that. Ten seconds later I have been banned from a 4th forum. That's life.... unsure.gif Ms felt the needing to post within Flight site some FAQs where it states it won't be arcade game..... strange, who in the world might have suspected that seeing all that arcadish stuff ??? biggrin.gifWhy do I say my opinion on Ms Flight inside Flight forums ? Because it is a forum and I like very much my own opinion when commenting arcade games. I also sometimes play at Windows pinball and trust me, it is a simulation compared to Ms Flight.You say that it will be a platform to support 3 party addons ? First, that's a hope more than a fact, second the final game will cost few hundreds bucks and it will still be based on DX 9 and DX 10, that's a fact not a guess. BTW DX 9 and 10 are sliiiiiightly old you know......simply as that smile.gifMark Fosseth

You say that it will be a platform to support 3 party addons ? First, that's a hope more than a fact, second the final game will cost few hundreds bucks and it will still be based on DX 9 and DX 10, that's a fact not a guess. BTW DX 9 and 10 are sliiiiiightly old you know......
Anyone has right to state his/her opinion here, the problem with you is that you call your predictions as a facts. Say: "This is my opinion that MS Flight will cost 1000$" instead of: "This is a fact that..." and you wont have any further problems with bans.Regards,

I understand your whole point of view and I share above all the quoted one.[snip]
The problem isn't so much that you have an opinion, the problem is you're trying to pass it off as fact and not listening to reason as to why it's NOT fact.

I predict a ban for you at avsim as well mark. Sooner rather than later :)
I hope the opposite or at least I hope to win a copy of Ms Flight if I will receive the 5th ban. happy.gifI need it to light my BrBque upMark Fosseth

*sigh*

I understand your whole point of view and I share above all the quoted one.Told that, I am one of those fastidious guys who have a different opinion from the mass and each time I express that within a MS Flight thread everyone who think different point me as " weird " just because I write on a forum an own opinion different from the Flight anfd therefore the mass.I have been banned by at least 3 Ms Flight forum and to be honest that's quite strange this censure when I respect forum rules, all that due to a different opinion.I said straight what I think to a MS Flight developer and I feel no regret for that. Ten seconds later I have been banned from a 4th forum. That's life.... unsure.gif Ms felt the needing to post within Flight site some FAQs where it states it won't be arcade game..... strange, who in the world might have suspected that seeing all that arcadish stuff ??? biggrin.gifWhy do I say my opinion on Ms Flight inside Flight forums ? Because it is a forum and I like very much my own opinion when commenting arcade games. I also sometimes play at Windows pinball and trust me, it is a simulation compared to Ms Flight.
I guess some forums have rules about making ridiculous claims and then NOT backing them up. You're comparing Windows Pinball and MS Flight... Trust you? Based upon WHAT? Will you email me the installer for the beta version of MS Flight that you clearly possess so I can try some of this out myself?The largest animal in the world is the ninja space llama. Trust me.
You say that it will be a platform to support 3 party addons ? First, that's a hope more than a fact, second the final game will cost few hundreds bucks and it will still be based on DX 9 and DX 10, that's a fact not a guess. BTW DX 9 and 10 are sliiiiiightly old you know......
It's going to be DX9/10? _______________ <--- insert evidence hereSeriously, the last thing you should be doing is telling us what a "fact" is, when you just come up with things out of thin air like this...which is in the kindest of terms unsourced. It's going to cost $450, and be a lame arcade game? Someone needs a new head gasket.So I'll throw my hat into the hat-eating ring... If Microsoft Flight doesn't utilize the current version of Microsoft DirectX, I'll eat my hat.

It's not that you're getting banned for stating contrary opinions so much as you're spouting unfounded nonsense. Perhaps you have inside info that nobody else has, or you have a hunch that'll be proved to be right. Until then, you're running around like chicken little. Just, take a step back and stop fearmongering before you get us to declare war or something.-stefan

I will create 5 different accounts in every single FS forum, then make up 5 completely different stories about how Flight will be, even though nobody really has a clue. Will argue with my other selfs all the time and eventually one of the stories might come close to what Flight will be. Then I'll be a legend in the forums and I'll ask for money to accept friendship requests.Master plan!