Sign in to follow this  
fsxflyer

737NGX for Microsoft Flight - Possible?

Just thinking now the release of the NGX is so close, could it be that PMDG also make the NGX for flight as that might not be far away?Anyway, looking at the pictures and videos, it just amazes me at how acurate and detailed the 737 is; there's no other addon like it!!

Just thinking now the release of the NGX is so close, could it be that PMDG also make the NGX for flight as that might not be far away?Anyway, looking at the pictures and videos, it just amazes me at how acurate and detailed the 737 is; there's no other addon like it!!
Please, please search the forum. This question had been asked 15 times in here!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

As far as we know MSFlight will be an Xbox only game. I mean we dont even know who they are focusing the market on. Ask again in 12 months when we know more about it :( It would be nice if they are doing a proper sim but I know microsoft too well.

I don't believe that the 737 is for MS Flight.Up to now nobody knows if flight will be a serious simulator or not.

As far as we know MSFlight will be an Xbox only game. I mean we dont even know who they are focusing the market on. Ask again in 12 months when we know more about it :( It would be nice if they are doing a proper sim but I know microsoft too well.
MS Flight is for Windows only as per the site, it'll use the Games For Windows which is the Windows Xbox Live counterpart. And in the official FAQ they clearly state that it will and I quote "retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel". Of course there is very little that is known but these kind of information they've given aseveral months ago are encouraging to look after it.

MS Flight will be a game. FSX was already heading in that direction even before they axed ACES and put Flight under MICROSOFT GAME STUDIOS (I'm sure there is a hint there somewhere).Whether we like it or not, the PC is a niche gaming market, and MS are going to want to make $$$ out of Flight, so bet that it will be a console game as well. This may or may not mean that it is a console port to the PC, but we shall have to wait and see on that one.For serious non-FSX flight sims there is only one game in town, and I suspect it will remain that way for a long time.Best regards,Robin.

MS Flight will support Kinetic controller and it won't be a simulation but a colored arcade instead.To be honest I don't care to play a game about planes where I have to stretch my arms to fly and to drop my feet to release the landing gear, as the kinetics will do.I have no fun this way, maybe I am too old for this kind of behaviour.I will wait for NGX and I will simulate a real flight with PMDG 737 NGX and FSX.Mark Fosseth

You guys who say it will not be a sim is just pulling that "fact" out your rear end. All the info published by microsoft says that it will be a sim. They have said so time and time again. They even went out of their way to specifically address concerns by hardcore flightsimmers in one of their updates. Microsoft have never released a non sim flight game. What makes you think that they would start doing that now?

MS Flight will be a game. FSX was already heading in that direction even before they axed ACES and put Flight under MICROSOFT GAME STUDIOS (I'm sure there is a hint there somewhere).Whether we like it or not, the PC is a niche gaming market, and MS are going to want to make $$ out of Flight, so bet that it will be a console game as well. This may or may not mean that it is a console port to the PC, but we shall have to wait and see on that one.For serious non-FSX flight sims there is only one game in town, and I suspect it will remain that way for a long time.Best regards,Robin.
MS Flight will support Kinetic controller and it won't be a simulation but a colored arcade instead.To be honest I don't care to play a game about planes where I have to stretch my arms to fly and to drop my feet to release the landing gear, as the kinetics will do.I have no fun this way, maybe I am too old for this kind of behaviour.I will wait for NGX and I will simulate a real flight with PMDG 737 NGX and FSX.Mark Fosseth
I have just checked MS Flight site, it shows (as always) Games for Windows logo only, no xbox360. I have no idea why people stick to that "console" thing. Let's wait and see.On the side note: if you move all sliders in FS9/FSX whole the way to the left, you get nice arcade game too wink.gifRegards,

I have just checked MS Flight site, it shows (as always) Games for Windows logo only, no xbox360. I have no idea why people stick to that "console" thing. Let's wait and see.On the side note: if you move all sliders in FS9/FSX whole the way to the left, you get nice arcade game too wink.gifRegards,
And to all the people spouting this game rubbish, take a look at FSX out of the box... I would pretty much call that a game, every sim has been poor out of the box, it is the addons like PMDG, FLYTAMPA etc that make it great.

Rob Prest

There are a lot of baseless rumours surrounding Flight. Let's stick to what we have been told - Microsoft have removed 'simulator' from the name not the software.

Bernard

Tell me, if they were NOT heading in the direction of GAME, why did FSX ship with a mode that has you flying behind the aircraft in external view, with a big green arrow in the corner of the screen and lines drawn through the sky?Their time would have been better served fixing bugs in the SIMULATOR, and working on a new flight model to enhance realism, instead of p***ing around with a useless GAME feature.Few people have failed to spot that the GAME style wing-tip vorticies aren't even realistic. It was added as eye-candy for the GAME. I remember when FSX released that they had a bi-plane with wing-tip vorticies coming off it flying around the sky. :( You maybe see it on large aircraft when it is humid and they're on final, but you don't see them in normal flight, yet in FSX you can get them at cruise altitude! WRONG.Best regards,Robin.

Tell me, if they were NOT heading in the direction of GAME, why did FSX ship with a mode that has you flying behind the aircraft in external view, with a big green arrow in the corner of the screen and lines drawn through the sky?Their time would have been better served fixing bugs in the SIMULATOR, and working on a new flight model to enhance realism, instead of p***ing around with a useless GAME feature.Few people have failed to spot that the GAME style wing-tip vortecies aren't even realistic. It was added as eye-candy for the GAME. I remember when FSX released that they had a bi-plane with wing-tip vortecies coming off it flying around the sky. :( You maybe see it on large aircraft when it is humid and they're on final, but you don't see them in normal flight, yet in FSX you can get them at cruise altitude! WRONG.Best regards,Robin.
I hate to break it to ya but FSX is only a game as well. I wouldn't really call it useless either. Im sure the stats would say that us simmers rarely use the missions side of FSX..if we even use it at all. However, after flying in the real world, its sometimes cool to do some of the missions. They offer something a little more involved instead of just flying from point A to point B.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda