Sign in to follow this  
ErikLinge

Read the NGX manual without installing the plane?

Hello,This might be a pretty weird question but I need to ask it before I buy the NGX.I have placed an order on a better computer than the one I'm using right now but it will arrive to me in the end of August. I want to start reading the manual before I get my computer to be well prepared when I'll make my first flight. I don't want to install NGX on this computer but I want to use the manual. Is it possible to dowload the manual from somewhere if I've purchased the NGX?Regards,Erik LingeSweden

Unfortunatly no. Boeing did not allow PMDG to put the manuals up on their site for free download, something that is understandable. It will only install with the aircraft. I think there has been said that PMDG will try to release their own manuals before the release of NGX, but I'm not sure if that is any longer the case.As Robert said, the hardcover manuals are great. However, you probably will have the NGX on your machine long before you will receive those by the sound of things :(

Hello,This might be a pretty weird question but I need to ask it before I buy the NGX.I have placed an order on a better computer than the one I'm using right now but it will arrive to me in the end of August. I want to start reading the manual before I get my computer to be well prepared when I'll make my first flight. I don't want to install NGX on this computer but I want to use the manual. Is it possible to dowload the manual from somewhere if I've purchased the NGX?Regards,Erik LingeSweden
Hi Erik,You can do two things:- You can install NGX on older computer without activating it, but if you really insist on avoiding installation...- You can use application called UniExtractor to extract the installer, but even this way doesn't guarantee 100% of success, there may be cab files inside of it impossible to extract, also PMDG might not like messing with their installer wink.gifEDIT:Ahh I just remembered that download version will require activation before installation. sorry wink.gifRegards,

Hello,Thank you for your answers, everyone!I really would like to buy the hardcover manuals but, the shipping to Sweden costs almost more than the hole package itself and for me as a poor student, I actually don't think it's worth it!To PMDG: Wouldn't in be possible if I after a succesfull download showed you my pay-details and if you just could send me the manual so I don't have to activate it?Regards,Erik LingeSweden

To PMDG: Wouldn't in be possible if I after a succesfull download showed you my pay-details and if you just could send me the manual so I don't have to activate it?
This seems fair and could be easily solved via ticket.

Erik, One other thing to remember is that the PMDG-written manuals will be available, for free, as per past practice. Based on what Ryan has written before, these will incldue the usual install instructions but likely also an intro of some sort and a tutorial / tutorial flight. That may give you a fair amount to read as well.

Why don't you want to activate it on you current computer? As far as I know you only need to reactivate it on your new computer when that is ready and you are good to go. I might be missing something here, as there has been a while since the last time I installed and activated a PMDG aircraft.You could always send PMDG a ticket and ask, but I'm not sure if PMDG will be able to give away manuals outside of the installer. I quess it depends on how much freedom PMDG has been given in regards to the agreement between them.

HI Erik,I belive your licensed to install it on two (2) computers as long as you don't use the product at the same time. you might want to double check the EULA. rgds,

I know, that this is a bit off regarding the topic... But I was thinking of purchasing the hardcover manuals also... Any suggestions regarding what to purchase?Quick Reference Handbook?The Full Manual?What have other purchased? And what would you recommend... Thanks alot in advance!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

That's not what he asked.
I didn't say it was! It's just a suggestion and an alternative to waiting for the .pdf.

Search for the boeing manuals on the internet they are the same in big ways.

Hello,Thanks for your answers.@Realpilotsimpilot, Thank you, that's true, but I really would like to have the AOM or something similiar so I can study all the instruments and features!The reason to that I don't want to install it is that I am working on a small Asus Eee PC without FSX installed. If it not is possible, I'll have to see if I can install it on friends computer or something but if possible, just getting the manual from PMDG after I've bought it would be a lot easier!RegardsErik Linge

I know, that this is a bit off regarding the topic... But I was thinking of purchasing the hardcover manuals also... Any suggestions regarding what to purchase?Quick Reference Handbook?The Full Manual?What have other purchased? And what would you recommend... Thanks alot in advance!
I have the Chief Pilot's set, but if I only bought one, it would be the Flight Crew Training Manual. The "Flight Crew Training Manual" mainly talks about maneuvers, procedures and techniques used with the 737NG.The "Flight Crew Operating Manual" Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, talk about the aircraft itself, describing all of the systems and controls. You wouldn't want to have just one volumn without the other though.