Sign in to follow this  
gustavodz

Will the NGX include a fuel planner?

I looked for this topic on the forum with 0 results.If not what would be the best choice for fuel planning? Best Regards

Good question. Do you mean like the one that came with the MD-11 ? Where you load fuel and passengers to calculate figures for TOW and CG etc? I'd like to know that answer also.

TOPCAT already has some NG data in it and since I believe they build their profiles out of real data it should be valid... But as of right now it only has the -700, -800, and BBJ2, so eventually it will have to be expanded to cover the 6, 9, and ER variants... and if we really want to get picky, the WL and non-WL models. TOPCAT's a pretty cool tool...

Good question. Do you mean like the one that came with the MD-11 ? Where you load fuel and passengers to calculate figures for TOW and CG etc? I'd like to know that answer also.
Well, yes I assume that will include a config tool to load cargo & pax, but I was wondering just about fuel calculation for planned routing.I'll check on TOPCAT.......

Judging by the videos we have seen, I think this is all done within the FMC by picking percentage and weights spit out based on that. Im really hoping this isnt the case. I am a 737NG weight and balance guy and am way too curious about all this as well. As far as fuel planning, Im hoping that is part of any external weight and balance program they may have. Not everyone has access to required fuel on board for real world flights like me.

Well, yes I assume that will include a config tool to load cargo & pax, but I was wondering just about fuel calculation for planned routing.I'll check on TOPCAT.......
Topcat is a great tool. Well worth it.

Judging by the videos we have seen, I think this is all done within the FMC by picking percentage and weights spit out based on that. Im really hoping this isnt the case. I am a 737NG weight and balance guy and am way too curious about all this as well. As far as fuel planning, Im hoping that is part of any external weight and balance program they may have. Not everyone has access to required fuel on board for real world flights like me.
TOPCAT again... has a very good load manager. You can actually distribute the loads and it will show you where you are in the CG envelope while you do it. The fuel planner is pretty basic, though. FSBuild has a pretty good fuel planner though it can be finnicky and it doesn't exactly have a state of the art interface... I like the route planner too but it's the only non-default MSFS one I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare it to. http://fuel.aerotexas.com/ is good for a ballpark FOB figure, though the only variables you can control are the DEP, ARR, the aircraft, and the rules (and lb vs. kg)... but in the absence of other tools, it's a reasonably accurate starting point. It's on the safe side, though... it will typically give you more FOB than you'll end up needing as it uses rather high CIs. I use all three of those together and the figures I get from the FMC regarding my fuel burn to settle on how much fuel I'll load.

TOPCAT again... has a very good load manager. You can actually distribute the loads and it will show you where you are in the CG envelope while you do it. The fuel planner is pretty basic, though. FSBuild has a pretty good fuel planner though it can be finnicky and it doesn't exactly have a state of the art interface... I like the route planner too but it's the only non-default MSFS one I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare it to. http://fuel.aerotexas.com/ is good for a ballpark FOB figure, though the only variables you can control are the DEP, ARR, the aircraft, and the rules (and lb vs. kg)... but in the absence of other tools, it's a reasonably accurate starting point. It's on the safe side, though... it will typically give you more FOB than you'll end up needing as it uses rather high CIs. I use all three of those together and the figures I get from the FMC regarding my fuel burn to settle on how much fuel I'll load.
Topcat is a great tool. Well worth it.
Im lucky, I stare at FOB's for NG flights day in and day out, so Im pretty good in ballparking it for FS when I do get home. For others though, TOPCAT is pretty good so I have heard, Would love to hear from PMDG on this one before I concider a purchase of TOPCAT. FSbuild never did anything for me even back in the FS9 days. I never really stuggle to obtain a real world and active routing for my flights as those are easily obtainable for everyone via www.flightaware.com. Or when that fails, I bust out my set of real world enroute charts and flight plan away. Required FOB is always a hard one for anyone to obtain though. I really really really hope PMDG has a external load manager, with a fuel planner. I would think they have all the data they need for this stuff.

Have a look at Professional Flight Planner X (http://www.pfpx.com/), which looks to be coming out later this year. It's made by the developers of TOPCAT. You'll be able to calculate a complete flightplan including fuel requirements based on the realworld aircraft data, forecast GRIB winds, ETOPS, redispatch, NOTAMs, etc.

Have a look at Professional Flight Planner X (http://www.pfpx.com/), which looks to be coming out later this year. It's made by the developers of TOPCAT. You'll be able to calculate a complete flightplan including fuel requirements based on the realworld aircraft data, forecast GRIB winds, ETOPS, redispatch, NOTAMs, etc.
Ahh yes, this is being devolped by real world flight dispatchers, and is a highly anticipated product. Looks promising :)

This looks really, really good!!! I doubt it will come out soon though based on the web site content.It looks close to the dispatch software I have studied. And have everything you need for planning. Cheers,