Sign in to follow this  
IcedUpPitotTube

The Well-Asked Question These Days...

...but I just have to ask it. How will the NGX run on my system? Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1 GHz (Dual Core) nVidia GTX 550 Ti Kingston HyperX 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 The rest (mobo, case, etc.) doesn't matter. Ideally, I would have gotten an i7-2600K paired with a GTX 570 fpr my custom build, which I KNEW would run the NGX well. But I was on a budget, and this is what I had to come up with... and with me having no experience in PMDG before (never owned a PMDG product), I just have to know. Sorry for maybe pissing off all the old-time members that have probably seen this type of thread a lot...

Is there any reason why you think it won't? Seriously, explain to us why you think that is not an adequate system and why you think the NGX is going to have significant hardware requirements on top of what we are already accustomed to in FSX aircraft. Drew Anderson

Sorry, but it's a no brainer that ANY i7 or greater (including the latest i3, i5, etc) system is going to run NGX well. This is not the FSX RTM 2007 era, where such concerns were valid. Hardware has caught up to the FSX software finally, it's not perfect at full sliders and 100% AI, but Its more than adequate to run FSX and the NGX with great IQ (Image Quality) and without stutters. As long as people have setup their OS per NickN's settings, and have optimized their FSX.cfg per Bojote/******* Altruve's online configuration tool, running the NGX should be a breeze!

really the most important thing in FSX is the CPU, the core clock speed makes a huge diffrence simply because FSX make little use of the Graphics card, I recently went from a GTX460 stock to a GTX560 Ti from Asus (pre overclocked) and it made not a single diffrence to FSX. But then I didnt really expect it would. Bottom line, If you have any of the 1st or 2nd generation of (i) series CPU and can run the MD-11 without issues then the NGX is going to shine on your system,

I thought i3s were mainstream... guess I was wrong. Thanks for the replies, and sorry for probably making you guys a bit annoyed.
I think people saw the 'i' in 'i3' and immediately thought of i7s. You aren't wrong though - i3s are more mainstream, but this one you have picked up should (hopefully cool.png ) run the addon quite nicely at 3.1GHz. Cheers DZ

If you don`t know then you have to ask, no matter if it upsets people or not. I say the only stupid question is the one you never ask. You`ll be ok, I can only just afford the setup in my sig. I was going for just the CPU change from a 2 gig quad but the mobo has been faulty a long time after a power outage in a storm, then the original PSU blowing a week later. I know for a fact, going by both comments from PMDG and past experience in tuning for better FPS, that this system will work pretty well with the 737. I have had lower specs working very well with the J4100 and the 747 too. My only problematic aircraft FPS wise was a certain 757 and that was fixed by taking 2 guages out. Theirs always a risk people will turn away from this forum and quit posting if they get verbally attacked. Its good to leave them some space to write in and ask their questions, much asked or not. Not everyone is as proficent as the next man/woman, we all have to start somewhere and all have problems that need addressing in some form or another. I`d say its much easier just to skip these posts rather than having a go at people, then leave them for others who want to help. Search is all well and good, but I take some medication that affects the brain whilst attempting to kill severe pain. In doing so it occasionally kills my thought control and memory very badly. In more lucid moments I know what to do, other times its like a brick wall in my head. Now when it comes to computers some people have that physical brick wall in their head without the meds. For god sakes let them through, let them post, whats it costing you to skip that post? No offence intended,

In my system will work well, but i have a stutter problem that i can't fix at the moment ... I have fsx.cfg tweaked in venetubo, win7 Nick'n tips, Nvidia Inspector setup, but have stutters ...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

NO it will not run on your pc system!! you have to pay 1.000.000$ to buy bill gates newest super computer to get the NGX to work!!!!!

If you don`t know then you have to ask, no matter if it upsets people or not. I say the only stupid question is the one you never ask. You`ll be ok, I can only just afford the setup in my sig. I was going for just the CPU change from a 2 gig quad but the mobo has been faulty a long time after a power outage in a storm, then the original PSU blowing a week later. I know for a fact, going by both comments from PMDG and past experience in tuning for better FPS, that this system will work pretty well with the 737. I have had lower specs working very well with the J4100 and the 747 too. My only problematic aircraft FPS wise was a certain 757 and that was fixed by taking 2 guages out.Theirs always a risk people will turn away from this forum and quit posting if they get verbally attacked. Its good to leave them some space to write in and ask their questions, much asked or not. Not everyone is as proficent as the next man/woman, we all have to start somewhere and all have problems that need addressing in some form or another. I`d say its much easier just to skip these posts rather than having a go at people, then leave them for others who want to help. Search is all well and good, but I take some medication that affects the brain whilst attempting to kill severe pain. In doing so it occasionally kills my thought control and memory very badly. In more lucid moments I know what to do, other times its like a brick wall in my head. Now when it comes to computers some people have that physical brick wall in their head without the meds. For god sakes let them through, let them post, whats it costing you to skip that post? No offence intended,
Thanks for the very comprehensive reply, and to all those who clarified. Very much appreciated, now I can be fairly sure how this will run on my system.
NO it will not run on your pc system!! you have to pay 1.000.000$ to buy bill gates newest super computer to get the NGX to work!!!!!
LOLLOLLOL.