Sign in to follow this  
Tui737

Why I get better frame rates than you

There is a HUGE difference between 30 and 60 FPS, those who have TrackIR know that (I've been hearing this since before I got it). Smoothness is important, but FPS too
For what it's worth I can barely get 30 FPS out of my system so I really don't have the foggiest idea what I'm talking about biggrin.png

For what it's worth I can barely get 30 FPS out of my system so I really don't have the foggiest idea what I'm talking about biggrin.png
Jack, I didn't mean to say I get 60 either :)

Once upon a time I had my FSX and computer configured where I could get 60 FPS. However the new Nvidia drivers don't seem to be as good on FPS as the old 19X.XX series ones from a while back and today's addons demand a little too much from my Q9550 and DDR2 ram. I'm satisfied if I can get 30-35 nowadays...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I did't try to change the RAM for the Mushkin kit. I'll try when i come back to my work location, where i have my FSX PC. But is very weird to have stutters with my machine ... It's possible the cause is any software ... ¿?
Do you have hyperthreading turned off and an affinity mask of 12 set in your FSX.cfg? I performed tests on my system and have found that, at least on my system, I get barely any stutters with hyperthreading off and an affinity mask of 12. I tested both with hyperthreading on/off and with different affinity masks, and 12 with no ht yielded me a the smoothest experience.I have also found that I get about 3-5 fps less in demanding situations with my frames limited to with an external limited than by having them unlimited completely, but limiting them to 50 gives the same fps as I would get with the frames completely unlimited while still having a cap on the frames to stop them from fluctuating greatly.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero