Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

How long will it takes you to fly properly with the NGX?

NGX flying?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. How long will it take you to fly the NGX as it should be?

• I'm already a real NG pilot.
    • I'm not real NG pilot but I know how to fly it.
    • I'll only need few hours.
    • I'll need few days
    • I'll need few weeks and a lot of learning.
    • Everything is new to me, Maybe months

Please, I've been trying to find out for ages....do you engage the Flight Director and Autothrottle together after the IRS finishes aligning?Or is it done on the before takeoff checklist prior to holding short?I've also heard the FD is after engine start but AT is after clearance for takeoff. Or is it just all company specific.
That. The companies SOP's vary on many many subject, this is one of them. At SAS, for example, they will engage the FD once they've landed (if it was ever disenganged), and let it stay like that through the ground stop and into the next leg. The A/T will be disenganged when/after landing (depending manual or autoland), and activated as a part of the Before Taxi checks.

The only thing ill need to get familiar with is the HUD,, but other than that im ready
I think the HUD should be very easy to understand. It's basically a replica of PFD, isn't ? Maybe one will need to learn its control panel only.

Hi have done two hours ina real fixed base trainig sim of the B737-800 in Milan with two manual llanding (the last one with real time weather: it was dogshit that day on my arrival airport: LIMC: rain showers, turbulence, gusting wind...I had a problem with the A/T and have had problem with A/P during approach having lost glide slope signal for same seconds (what a pity that the plane decided to levelled off during those seconds so I had to disconnect the A/P and performing a manual approach in IFR till 400 ft ground etc.etc.) anyway I touched safely and after a "kick" on the rudder I straighten the plane onto the centerline...a good training for the NGX (I had had also a good copilot), anyway I decided to spend at leat one hour per month (except on August) into that real sim...CiaoAndrea B.

I can only imagine that the flows are the same as on other high end 737s and ground and apu starts are the same procedures as well.. What i'm going to be curious about is the Way it handles on approaches.. Due to the differences I kno0w will be there in the flight model, i'm gonna say that i can probably "fly" it properly in about ten minutes, but it may take up to a few hundred hours to get decent and landing down..Warchild

I am a simmer since 1995. I need only few hours to fly PROPERLY this bird! Cheers sssilvabr

I am a simmer since 1995. I need only few hours to fly PROPERLY this bird! Cheers sssilvabr
Rolling Eyes.gif

Rolling%20Eyes.gif
lol i think i also could fly this bird in a few hours but i voted days. I want to take my time to admire the systems depth PMDG has build into this. Seeing for instance the influence of the airconditioner cart.