Sign in to follow this  
Donga Josh

Feel a bit frigged over.....

HI all, Firstly a magnificent product from the posts ive seen congratulations to the whole Team.I have been watching this product for so long now, and ive seen a lot of stuff posted about it Here in australia, those of us who are flight simmers and work to keep the country running have finished up for the day and after watching all our dole bludger mates here, and lucky US friends download the aircraft all day long at work, had high hopes of spending the night flying this beautiful girl. You can understand our frustration, after a long hard week on a friday evening, to return home to a crashed server and a heap of americans saying how good the plane is, only to be told we cannot fly her. I actually arranged to have the night free of the +1 and the jnr expectant i can fly, but i have been dissapointed. Clearly the PMDG team have gone to bed now happy that some of their US freinds have the product, but we will again be frigged over when daylight returns to the US, and we are in the middle of the night, missing the next opening of the server. I recognise youcannot give us a time when it will be up but surely you know when it will not be up. Some of us have spent huge amounts of time supporting and watching your project and to leave us like this hanging is a bit slack. If it isnt going to be up in 2 hours tell us and then we can do other things, because if we all sit here waiting and find it doesnt get restored for a day, i seriously think you guys are going to have some explaining to do. Cheers! Josh Hicks

As it appears to me the team is still awake. I think as much as I understand your frustration you shouldn't let that out on the PMDG guys. They are not doing this on purpose. There are people sacrificing their night just so that the servers are up and running again as fast as they can. Just sit back, think about the important things in life and put this into perspective. After all it's just zeroes and ones you are trying to download ;) Lighten up mate we are in it together even though I am on a different continent. It will come eventually.

HI all, Firstly a magnificent product from the posts ive seen congratulations to the whole Team.I have been watching this product for so long now, and ive seen a lot of stuff posted about it Here in australia, those of us who are flight simmers and work to keep the country running have finished up for the day and after watching all our dole bludger mates here, and lucky US friends download the aircraft all day long at work, had high hopes of spending the night flying this beautiful girl. You can understand our frustration, after a long hard week on a friday evening, to return home to a crashed server and a heap of americans saying how good the plane is, only to be told we cannot fly her. I actually arranged to have the night free of the +1 and the jnr expectant i can fly, but i have been dissapointed. Clearly the PMDG team have gone to bed now happy that some of their US freinds have the product, but we will again be frigged over when daylight returns to the US, and we are in the middle of the night, missing the next opening of the server. I recognise youcannot give us a time when it will be up but surely you know when it will not be up. Some of us have spent huge amounts of time supporting and watching your project and to leave us like this hanging is a bit slack. If it isnt going to be up in 2 hours tell us and then we can do other things, because if we all sit here waiting and find it doesnt get restored for a day, i seriously think you guys are going to have some explaining to do. Cheers! Josh Hicks
I understand your frustration especially with the time difference problemBut there is no need to threaten the guys with i seriously think you guys are going to have some explaining to do. It isn't their fault

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Josh, I don't think many of the PMDG team are in bed to be fair to them, even if they are, their contractors working on the server and security are working on fixing this issue. If the estimate for the servers being up again is in a few hours - then I guess many of them are in bed not because it is night time, but because it is a quiet time for them, and there is nothing for them to do. For instance, facebook and forum updates continue, even though it is 3am for many of the team. It's unfortunate some timezones have been affected more than others, but be assured the servers will be "up" as soon as they can be. Please try and remember the fault doesn't lie within PMDG - they didn't choose for this to happen, or for it to inconvenience you and those of you in similar timezones. Rgds Chris.

Hi Josh, I can of course sympathize with your frustration about the whole matter and eagerness of trying out the NGX.I really don't think it's fair though, to put any blame on the PMDG-team for all trouble that arose immediately after the release.As a matter a fact, I cannot think of a flight sim related company, more capable of dealing with all this. Maybe in our case, it will be the best option to just accept that it's not going to be realistic to fly the NGX as soon as you and I (as well as PMDG) all wished and instead maybe spoil your +1 for the rest of the night. Hopefully that way, you won't feel like to much time has been wasted, and you've proved yourself a favour for whenever you do want time off from the misses to play with the NGX...

I don't think what country you're in has anything to do with it - just poor timing. I'm in Australia and coudn't download it when it was released about midday (not dole bludging - BTW!) but paid and downloaded by about 3pm (local) and loaded her up when I got home from work. It's technology mate - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just like PMDG couldn't predict the attack they got, you couldn't predict that you wouldn't be flying tonight. S*** happends, make the most of it. It's not the perfect world. Does that mean you got some explaining to do to the +1, even though it was out of your contol? Is that fair?

Matt Webb

You are joking right?Have you even read what is going on?Get some perspective here, however you feel - how do you think the PMDG guys feel? Working years on a project only for some script kiddie Scum to ruin the big day.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Don't feel left out Josh. I am in the US, and did not get a chance to download her either. I figured with all the stuff going on I wasn't going to pile onto the system load, and make it more difficult for them to recover. Just hope that it comes back up at some point today.

Here in australia, those of us who are flight simmers and work to keep the country running have finished up for the day and after watching all our dole bludger mates here
Excuse me?! How dare you call yourself a fellow aussie when all you do is insult us.

I understand your frustration, but such accusations (conjecture) aren't appropriate, especially since there have been other threads. The PMDG staff, I can only imagine, are dying right now trying to get this whole problem figured out.