Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

Out of Memory

HmmNice one I had 2 flights now when I landed and was almost at the gate the system came up with a red cross and said i am running out of memory.Checked the task manager and nope still enough memory left I have 6 GByte and i was using approx 4.1Gbyte. I have WIn 7 as 64 bit UltimateU need to know more hardware details? Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

At the moment i only have installed some Just flight VFR UK scenery and on a 2nd PC Flight sim commander and using FSUIPC to connect bothI have VAtsim stuff installed but didnt run it today Hope that helps Opps sorry Edit I also have Aerosoft Mega Airports.Heathrow , Brussels, Heathrow and Frankfurt

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

At the moment i only have installed some Just flight VFR UK scenery and on a 2nd PC Flight sim commander and using FSUIPC to connect bothI have VAtsim stuff installed but didnt run it today Hope that helps Opps sorry Edit I also have Aerosoft Mega Airports.Heathrow , Brussels, Heathrow and Frankfurt
Try running with out 2nd PC Flight commander, let's see if that's causing something.

k Thx will try tomorrow as it is beddie bye time CU all

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

AArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh I just had only the one PC running no other addons except the scenery ones. I was flying the tutorial flight Gatwick to Amsterdam. feet and the red cross cameI am running out of memory Yeah right Sniff Scream

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

[wrong reply]

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Try running with out 2nd PC Flight commander, let's see if that's causing something.
Hi George The second PC is not the problem. As said above (sorry with mistakes) . It was another 300 feet to go before EHAM touchdown and the Win red cross came 'Running out of memory'And as I said I have 6 gig and plenty left when checking the task manager Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

And as I said I have 6 gig and plenty left when checking the task manager
That has nothing to do with the out-of-memory -error, as counterintuitive as it may seem. Plenty of material available on that subject. Sorry I can't help you other than clear that misunderstanding Worried.gif

That has nothing to do with the out-of-memory -error, as counterintuitive as it may seem. Plenty of material available on that subject. Sorry I can't help you other than clear that misunderstanding Worried.gif
Any idea where that material is on that subject. Maybe a hint? Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

if you have OOM in aerosofts heattrow,i would not be supriced

I tend to go OOM during longer flights, not exclusively with the 737 NGX. Win 7 64-bit, 4 G RAM, nothing special when it comes to addons. Usually only run with Active Sky. Today the same thing happened again about 2,5 hours into a flight LEMG-ESSA. The message says something like "try reducing traffic, graphics settings..." etc.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

HmmNice one I had 2 flights now when I landed and was almost at the gate the system came up with a red cross and said i am running out of memory.Checked the task manager and nope still enough memory left I have 6 GByte and i was using approx 4.1Gbyte. I have WIn 7 as 64 bit UltimateU need to know more hardware details? Thx Ian
For Vista:WINDOWS VISTA ONLY: 1. Open a command prompt with Administration rights. You find the command prompt box under "Programs-Accessories-Command prompt" 2. Right Click the command prompt and select "run as administrator". 3. Enter in the box at the prompt: (copy/paste if you wish) bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 and press enter 4. Reboot TO set that back to default in VISTA just start the command line prompt with Admin right again and type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2048 Hit enter and reboot. That will be stop your out of memory problem.

Erhan M. ARTUC

I use the MD11 and the 747 without any problems only in the NGX i had the massage " out of memory" and the FSX crashed... Intel Core 2 DuoE8500 @ 3.16 GHz3 GB RamWin XP whit SP3Nvidia GeForce 9600GT Thinking.gif

Any idea where that material is on that subject. Maybe a hint? Thx Ian
Some examples: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105http://en.wikipedia....l_address_space (especially last paragraph) + hundreds (if not thousands) of topics here and in the internet (search for oom error or out of memory error) Simply, it's got to do with virtual address space assigned to a 32-bit application such as FSX, not the amount of physical memory on your computer. That, along with the term "memory leak" are some of the most misunderstood and misused terms in the community. Like said, their cause seems kind of counterintuitive so can't blame the average user! I wish someone made a sticky topic that has a simple explanation of both.