August 7, 201115 yr Anyone else experiencing very inacurate NDB readings untill your virtually over the top of the thing? Makes it extremly difficult to fly single needle NDB approach's. The needle keeps bouncing about 20 degrees either side of the NDB position until your about 5 Miles away. Craig.
August 7, 201115 yr Unfortunately I experienced the same problem... Best Regards Andrea Piubelli - OSE195 www.aeroservice-va.com
August 7, 201115 yr I guess the signal from the NDB is not supposed to be stable due to surroundings etc., and that PMDG also simulated it! I like it very much! Simon Larsson Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07Ghz, 6.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
August 7, 201115 yr That's how NDB's are in the real world. That's why a NDB approach is a non precision approach.
August 7, 201115 yr Really??? I didn't know that the NDB signal is so much approximative... Best Regards Andrea Piubelli - OSE195 www.aeroservice-va.com
August 10, 201115 yr Author That's how NDB's are in the real world. That's why a NDB approach is a non precision approach. Nah thats not true. I agree they are not great and have lots of error's but the signals that the NGX is simulating are not realistic at all. If they were like that in the real world I don't think I would ever have passed my Instrument rating. Craig.
August 11, 201115 yr It would be interesting also a feedback from the PMDG team; I believe they could justify better this behaviour... Best Regards Andrea Piubelli - OSE195 www.aeroservice-va.com
Create an account or sign in to comment