Sign in to follow this  
MichiMaster11

REX sundown water reflections missing or wrong

Hello! Did someone of you notice, that REX sundown water reflections look not normal? THe default fsx sundown water reflections are more realistic than the rex (just fly and entered location where to fly), FEX also delivers nice reflections, but all in all I think that the default fsx reflections are most realisitc. What do you think? How to solve it or is REX not able to show the water reflections like normal fsx? is there a option in REX to disable to use standard reflections? WHats the clue? I mean, REX authors know what they are doing, so why forget reflrections on the water? See Pictures attached:REX: no water reflectionsFSX Default: reflections are hereFEX: FEX delivers normal reflections on water So what is the thing? Is REX reality or is there something missing. I am currently not sure how a sundown looks on water but I think FSX Default is more realistic than REX. I Love REX so can someone help me?I think FEX is not that professional like REX, so I am using REX isntead of FEX. What do you prefere or like more? thanks and lgMichi

Michi, Nothing wrong with REX water reflections here, somethings definitely wrong on your end. You might want to retry loading your texture sets.

MIchi, What are your water settings? I used to have my sunglide and moonglide appear reversed. That is if the sun was rising, I would see the sun reflection on the water to my west, etc. When I adjusted my water settings to 2-medium or higher (for some graphics testing of all things) that stopped and now my sun and moon reflections appear correctly. And I can't even say I'm getting an fps hit at the higher settings, so go figure.

Michi, Nothing wrong with REX water reflections here, somethings definitely wrong on your end. You might want to retry loading your texture sets.
Hello! What options to you have in REX? Can you send me a screenshot of the options tab?And what theme did you install. It is strange. A new installation would also be not the solution because REX overrides the textures when they are installed I use: UTX USA and Europe, GEX EuropeMy water options are set to 2 high, the default FSX textures and animations are working on sundown, so that should be ok
MIchi, What are your water settings? I used to have my sunglide and moonglide appear reversed. That is if the sun was rising, I would see the sun reflection on the water to my west, etc. When I adjusted my water settings to 2-medium or higher (for some graphics testing of all things) that stopped and now my sun and moon reflections appear correctly. And I can't even say I'm getting an fps hit at the higher settings, so go figure.
Hello!My settings in REX or FSX? in Rex everything is enabled (checked) and in FSX I have water 2 high. What did you mean with sun and moon reflections? Should I just try to set water options to full quality? But in default texture modification it works with water 2 high.... here my options in the attachment greetings

I have the same problem! But only when i use the sparkling animation. When i change to another water animation, everything goes well. Any ideias ?

I have the same problem! But only when i use the sparkling animation. When i change to another water animation, everything goes well. Any ideias ?

Jason I answered you in our forum. This particular wave set was designed like this, nothing wrong with your sim.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Sometimes, it actually does look like this...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

May be completely unrelated but found that using DX10 Fixer and selecting DX10 optimized water textures in REX caused some strange, unflattering results until I went back and unchecked it(changed back from DX10 optimized textures to normal)in the REX Essentials menu options.

RE Thomason Jr.