Sign in to follow this  
henkie

Electrics: question for the experts

But... Why the insistance on dragging out the AMM and going through with a fine tooth comb looking for mistakes in the software? It seems like a contest to see who can find the tiniest fault and post it on the forum. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but I'd have thought you'd get far more enjoyment out of flying the airplane rather than parking it in the hangar and giving it a D-check.
Nick, I think some people (engineer types) intend using the NGX as a training tool, not just as a toy. With the claim of Boeing endorsement, perhaps we expect a little more than we would otherwise.Most of the so-called bugs have been explained and this has become a learning experience for all (at least for those who can understand the explanations Straight Face.gif ). To be honest, I am a little surprised that you can't view voltage/frequency/amps prior to power selection (even if the amps show "0"), so I'll be checking this for myself, next time I work on the (real) aircraft. As previously stated, engineers sometimes have to check "unloaded" states (power available, but not selected). However, variations do occur between aircraft types. You get your kicks flying these aircraft, but I couldn't fly the thing if my life depended on it... That's why I only fix 'em ;) CheersQ

Anyone know if the logo lights and recirculate fans staying on after the cab/util switch is off is a bug? If it is, it is a minor one but I am really curious.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Anyone know if the logo lights and recirculate fans staying on after the cab/util switch is off is a bug? If it is, it is a minor one but I am really curious.
I think it is going by the FCOM.

Hi Alfredo If have checked it on the real Aircraft, and the logo light and the recirculation fan's shouild go OFF when CAB/UTIL switch is OFF. It;s a minor bug on the PMDG 737NGX. The statement in the FCOM is correct !!!.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse but could a dev please confirm this? Either it's a bug or they just didn't go to such depths, although I highly doubt that as the rest of the bird is so highly detailed...

This could be an minor error from the dev`s yes! I have not noticed it by my self but when you speak about it, I will be frustrated each start-up :( No, I`ll make it pass! Wonderfull a/c anyway. One more minor thing is that the EICAS (in every 800 I have flown / Observered) there should be three dashes --- for N1 values when the a/c on ground with enginges off. Some N1-variations when wind is blowing in the enginges had been cool. I noticed that one time. With wind aprox 20 knots, the fans are turning around and make some RPM, also registrated on the N1 scale : )))

Hmm yeah I would love a dev to confirm it true or false, or atleast confirm they're aware. I was playing around with the ground power, APU and IDG's again today and it's 100% the CAB/UTIL bus doesn't take a load on the APU (ground and IDG's are fine), the CAB/UTIL doesn't effect the logo lights/recirc fans etc and the wheel well light draws current when off but not on. :)

Dev's? Is this something you are working on? Or is it a fsx limitation? Highly undoubtedly with the history of PMDG! :-)

Just to give you an update: PMDG is looking into the CAB/UTIL issue as well as the wheelwell light issue. Can't wait for SP1! :-)