Sign in to follow this  
PilotNL

Brake problem still going on

Hi guys! The NGX is Awsome! only one issue that keeps bugging me, the brakes! I have seen the manual statement about FSUIPC. I deleted it. my brakes still don't work all the time. Today I had this 2 times: Cold and dark panel stateSetup of all systems according to FCOM1 NP. Pushback from CDU. Brakes U/S (brake temp 0.0)(brake pressure in green sector)(FSX generated brake messages show)(braking with rudder pedals don't work)(braking with . key don't work)(braking with parking brake don't work) After saving and reloading the brakes work againbut It is quite interrupting. I hope you can identify my little problem with this amazing product!

vpa118.png

Rico van Dijk

having that same problem too...weird. Chocks are off when i press the CH Peddles, red brake message comes on in bottom left hand corner. But brakes just wont well...brake!

having that same problem too...weird. Chocks are off when i press the CH Peddles, red brake message comes on in bottom left hand corner. But brakes just wont well...brake!
I had the same problem at first. I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling CH Control manager and doing several calibrations through it, and hitting the reset to default button in fsx. They started working and I haven't had a problem since. edit, at first I didn't realize I had fixed them because I kept looking at the pedals in the VC and they didn't move. Apparently, that animation was removed sometime between the AOA cockpit video and release.

Chris Hicks

Its a problem with the cocks. I have this problem too. When you stop taxi and stay for 10sec and will taxi further there is no movement in the NGX. ( chocks and parking brake not apply) But when you apply the chocks and remove this bug is clean and you can go taxi! maybe a problem with the chocks...

Hi, Just in case... Have a look at the failures menu in the CDU. I had the same problem, it was just a failure... Regards, Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Failures: none active. Aircraft even rolls with the chocks on! switching the chocks on and off doesn't work. only reloading the situation in FSX now it happened for the 3rd time. it can't be coincidence any more. edit. now even reloading the situation won't fix the problem any more.

vpa118.png

Rico van Dijk

I have Saiteks and I had to reverse the axis in FSUPIC as the breaks were on all the time. Might be worth checking.

Ed Haslam

I experienced the braking problem flying on Vatsim yesterday. After touching down and autobrake at 1, the plane decelerated as expected, but came to a complete halt on the runway. I tried pressing (.) to disengage autbrajking multiple times but with no luck! The plane was stuck on the runway and I had to subsequently disconnect from Vatsim, as there turned out to be other aircraft on final behind me! It was quite embarrassing LOL. However, it didnt occur to me to check the FMC menu to check if chocks might have accidentally been triggered. However, i ddnt see any chocks when switching to outside views. Besides that, I've been experiencing the cockpit freeze issue multiple times. It only happens during the approaches with me, several times after disconnecting the AP, and the one time while descending on the GS. There is a noticeable split-second jerk occurring before the freeze, and then I think to myself "ahh crap here we go again!" I'd appreciate some insight on this freezing issue. Otherwise Im extremely happy with the product! SPECS: AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ 2.80ghz; 4gb ram; HD4750; WIN7-64 -Mikhail Mannetti -edit: Scrap the freeze issue for me! it seems as though in my case the problem was running squawkbox (freeze only occurred during online flights) - when i close it afterwards the plane performs beautifully again. however, i wouldnt like to quit using sb, so a compatibility update would be nice.