Sign in to follow this  
InfWizard

Replays not properly working with NGX

Hey PMDG, First off I would like to say the NGX is an awesome airplane and it has provided many hours of enjoyment so far! I was going to consult to the forum and see if anybody else has had any issues with instant replays? I have used the default FSX replay system as well as using FS-Recorder and both systems do not properly show my aircraft on the replay. The issue that happens is the aircraft is in that total frozen aircraft state during the whole replay. The plane moves in the replay but the engines aren't turning, displays don't show properly, flaps aren't down, spoilers don't deploy or anything. It is like the whole aircraft is just in a frozen state moving along the path the airplane took when I was actually flying it. I would love for maybe some other people to try their instant replay functions and see if anybody else is having this problem with the airplane's state being completely frozen as it moves along the path (in my case I really want to make some approach/departure videos but due to the airplane being frozen in all of the replays it is sort of impossible to be able to do this). Thanks a lot for the help.

This has been posted already.According to Tabs (Ryan), there are 1000+ animations on the NGX, and FSX can't handle it all on replay because of the limited nature of the coding. Use FS Recorder.

This has been posted already.According to Tabs (Ryan), there are 1000+ animations on the NGX, and FSX can't handle it all on replay because of the limited nature of the coding. Use FS Recorder.
Did you read my post? I have used FS-Recorder and it does the same thing. I have FS-Recorder set to record all data as well.

I use FS-recorder exclusively for replays. I have noticed that this aircraft is a big departure from other PMDG planes. Even though I tell FS-Recorder to record all variables, when I pull up a recorded file the engines are dead, and of course alarms are going off everywhere. I suspect that the reason for this is that most of the NGX is using code that cannot be accessed by FSX, and hence, by FS-Recorder. With the latest and greatest FS-Recorder, I found that it recorded almost all parameters necessary for a nice playback with the other PMDG birds (MD-11 and 747), including engine startup and even taxi lights! I played a file of a NGX landing approach, and the Flaps/gear did extend at the same time as the real flight, so it appears those animations are recorded correctly. But unfortunately, the dead engine behavior is the price to pay for having PMDG custom coded engine systems. I guess you will have to pause playback and start the engines manually.

I installed FS Recorder just the other day due to the NGX, and it has been displaying every thing perfectly fine, including all animations (flaps included). I have not had any warnings in the cockpit either. Are you shutting the aircraft down before stopping the recording? If so, that could be causing your problems. Try stopping the recording with the plane still fully powered up.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I posted the thread about replays problems. I took TABS and another members advice and downloaded FS recorder. The latest BETA works fine for me. The only thing I can think of that may help is: when instaliing FS recorder create its own folder first in your C drive root directory and then install it into the folder you just created. I noticed if you dont browse for a location on your own, the program will be installed in to the "program files" folder by default. As alot of us know the "program files" folder with all of its protections causes many problems for us sim lovers! Hope this helps. Nicholas Boskovic