Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

theory on issues with ngx

Hi just my thoughts on this some one can shoot me down but just my thoughts on maybe just maybe: been seeing that a alot of people having issues with different items on the ngx, since iam having no issues at all so far i had this since day 1 and had no issues at all no stutters nothing eveything works as far i can tell so maybe iam one of those lucky ones. Since iam wondering if it the way i downloaded and installed the ngx that was different to the people who are having issues mite be the reason; the way i downloaded was i turned my anti virus protection off downloaded it whilst still off installed it as well using admin rights of course than turned the anti virus back on. than started flying with no issues. so was wondering if there is some one out there with issues would try it my way to see if it fixes their issue if it doesnt then i guess iam a lucky one than any way nothing else to loose but to try some thing different plz dont hijack this thread to some thing else thx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I guess that if you have your anti virus protection on you would be notified if the av program detected and quarantined/removed file(s). And if av programs would detect any PMDG files as a threat we would for sure have some posts about it. I would never disable my av protection when installing software. If a threat is detected I would disable it if I was certain that it was a false indication. Just my 2c smile.png

I wouldn't count on your av not being a problem just because you didn't receive a warning. I downloaded the other recent 737 with my av on and had all kinds of weird issues. I uninstalled, re-downloaded with my av disabled and everything was fine. But, I'm not convinced the problems are av related. I think a lot of the problems are with people not reading and following the instructions found in the introduction. I was having problems with the brakes not releasing when applied. I read and followed the instructions concerning FSUIPC and have had flawless flights every since. Also, I did a clean install of FSX the day before the NGX was released following the FAQ's found on these forums.

I didn't disable anything and have no problems. I did have the livery manager issue but that was a easy fix. I just removed the "read only" option. Considering the sales of this were most likely huge I would say the number of problems was small. A lot of problems that have been posted could be resolved by reading the manual. It has to suck to actually have real issues because I have been flying this non stop since the release and it is a incredible aircraft. Come to think of it, the software has caused 1 problem. All my other aircraft are rusting and collecting dust now.

But, I'm not convinced the problems are av related. I think a lot of the problems are with people not reading and following the instructions found in the introduction. +1

ok i was wrong it was just a thought

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

ok i was wrong it was just a thought
Well im currently re installing it with out AVG on maybe not all anitvirus software is a pain but AVG certainly is and i should have know with so many gauges avg does corrupt files even though it doesnt show up on installation. will keep you informedthe trick with avg is to install and download with it off then reboot pc before even atempting to start fsx :)

Well im currently re installing it with out AVG on maybe not all anitvirus software is a pain but AVG certainly is and i should have know with so many gauges avg does corrupt files even though it doesnt show up on installation. will keep you informedthe trick with avg is to install and download with it off then reboot pc before even atempting to start fsx :)
ah be interesting to see how u go

Peter kelberg

ah be interesting to see how u go
Yeah , i noticed if i did a flight with out so many sids and waypoints never had this issue but as soon as i do a proper flight with all my waypoints in wolla "freeze"