Sign in to follow this  
Knoppie

Amsterdam to Innsbruck

Tonight I flew from Amsterdam (EHAM) to Innsbruck (LOWI). Unfortunately I don't have any screens of EHAM, but I do have some exceptionally nice ones of the cruise and descend. The route was a standard vatroute.net one. I just recently mastered the autopilot and in preparation of tutorial no. 2 I decided to take the challenge between the mountains :) First picture is near waypoint misgo just outside of Holland near cruise altitude. The sun was already setting. Next one was somewhere south of Frankfurt. A glorious dark orange sunset (and now my new wallpaper :) ). Because I was checking out the weather at LOWI via the REX weather engine I totally forgot to set the altitude for descend, so I had to hold above the IAF Rattenberg NDB. I've never used it but well I gave it a try and it worked out just fine. On final to LOWI I entered a new cloud layer (REX just finished uploading new weather to FSX), but fortunately about 10 feet abve decision height I managed to regain the visual at the airport. Because of the new weather and me being late with sowing down, the speed was a little too high for the flaps. Thank God it's FSX and not real life :)

Tonight I flew from Amsterdam (EHAM) to Innsbruck (LOWI).
Good for you. My first attempt resulted in a freeze on finals. Second attempt worked though. Uh I shall be glad once this is fixed. LMAO.gifsig.gif

So, Near decision height I saw the airport again and disconnected the autopilot. I handflew the baby to the runway. Some great cockpit shots with the terrainradar on. Everything was coloured red on the MFD. After the landing I saw that the FSX ATC had done a wonderful job in puting rwy 08 in use instead of the correct rwy 26...Anyway, it made a good opportunity for me to compare a stock 737 with my 737. I thought my Transavia was way cooler :) Last screen is at the terminal. The passengers are waiting for the buses to arrive to take them to the terminal :) PMDG once again thank you for this great aircraft, it's a beauty!!! Hopefully we'll get the second tutorial anytime soon because EHAM-LOWI is just a fantastic route to fly, especcially at sunset :)

Henri, I use AES from Aerosoft. When you configure the plane in the AES Helper application, joy have to enable (and configure) the rear exit... Hope this helps...

Looking good there! Had Just install now, and will give a try today :)

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Achmad, Be warned! Once installed and flown, you never want anything else LOL.gif Good luck and God speed!

Hit me bro!! Please, i dont mind! Hahaha...lol LOL.gif

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

I've never been to Innsbruck, but I'm going to try this approach this weekend. How do you fly the approach if coming in from the east, and from the west? I'm trying to figure out the chart.

Nice post Achmad, I still love the challenging and hair-raising Innsbruck approach... A test of airmanship!

I'm going to have a go, but not with real weather the first time - and in broad daylight as well. And Knoppie great shots thank you very much.