Sign in to follow this  
Robwalton

CTD when pressing flynow FS9

I recently did a complete reinstall of FS9 and all of my add-ons which include the iFly 737 and fs2crew button and voice for ifly. Every add-on installed fine without any problems but now when i start a flight with the iFly 737 and click on flynow there's CTD with no error messages. So I thought I would deselect the fs2crew in the ifly config manager and click flynow and it works fine. It's just when I have either the button or voice fs2crew activated in config that it crashes. any help is appreciated Thanks Rob

I recently did a complete reinstall of FS9 and all of my add-ons which include the iFly 737 and fs2crew button and voice for ifly. Every add-on installed fine without any problems but now when i start a flight with the iFly 737 and click on flynow there's CTD with no error messages. So I thought I would deselect the fs2crew in the ifly config manager and click flynow and it works fine. It's just when I have either the button or voice fs2crew activated in config that it crashes. any help is appreciated Thanks Rob
Ok this is weird it works only if I start it with the Cessna first then select the ifly within flight simulator. Just wandered why it crashes if I select it in the menu? Thanks Rob

Hi Bryan thanks for the quick reply, I'm not using saved flights as I like starting it fresh for the pre flight events. I use to be able to start it from the main menu but after I did a complete reinstall of FS9 it only starts if you select cessna and start within the flight sim. Thanks

I have the same exact thing...just did a reinstall and now CTD unless I load Df Cessna first...and also CTD when I end flight too.

Yes still no Joy with c++2010

So loading the Cessna first solves the issue?

Are you using saved situation files at all?  Those are a no no.

The trike should be the first aircraft you see on the FSX free flight screen.

This is FS9...yes it loads ok if I start with default Cessna and switch...but still CTD at end flight.

I don't think this is normal.

Any more ideas...or am I SOL?
Ive been fixing bugs for 20 years and this one has me stumped.

I'm not sure why you need to load the Cessna first, but FSX can be a weird beast.

As for the end of flight CTD, try this:

Manually unselect the HS (Headset) button on the FS2Crew Main Panel (make sure it's off) prior to exiting the simulation.

I am using FS9 with a fresh install. The ifly 737 and fs2crew are the only add-ons. Could I be missing something that the program needs?

I am using FS9 with a fresh install. The ifly 737 and fs2crew are the only add-ons. Could I be missing something that the program needs?

I doubt it, but the fact that you need to load the Cessna first says something is already strange.

Please double check the iFly support forum cause I know some other iFly users need to load the Cessna first.  

I'll email the iFly dev and see what he says as well.

Are you using a Headset?... if so, prior to shutting down FSX did you manually unselect the HS button on the FS2Crew Main Panel.   That helped another person.

And make sure you're not using saved situation flights.