Sign in to follow this  
ga

How do you align IRS in 737NGX

How do you align IRS in 737NGX........

Overhead panel, right at the very back, you'll see the IRS panel with the two selector. Rotate both clockwise from OFF to NAV.

Thx Andy, found it ;)Any time for alignment 10min etc.

Standard alignment on a real 737 i have been told takes four minutes, and you have to be standing perfectly still.. Of course, I may have been told wrong..

ok thx, so that Align ligth went forward and back then FMC sign lightet, went in on FMC to post the possisition, think thats it.....

actualy its depends how far north you are, according to the Manual it takes upto 14 mins to alight at 78 degees north! usualy 8 to 10 mins though. Or you can just set instant in the FMC options =)

Yeah i set it to Align on the switch, i was still waiting 30 minutes later!

Ian R Tyldesley

There is an option on the FMC to set it to 30 sec or even instantaneous. Henri

Henri Arsenault

Yeah i set it to Align on the switch, i was still waiting 30 minutes later!
Then you didn't set the reference position on the POS INIT page of the FMC. Click on the line key where the LAST POS coordinates are being displayed. This copies the coordinates to the scratchpad (lowest line in the FMC). Then click on the line key next to the line of squares to paste in the coordinates.

Standard alignment on a real 737 i have been told takes four minutes, and you have to be standing perfectly still.. Of course, I may have been told wrong..
Yes you've been told wrong, except for the standing still, that's indeed inevitable. wink.png The least it takes at the equator is five. Depending on latitude, as others have correctly stated, will vary but not be more than ten as long as you stay inside 60N/S. Above that it'll be fixed at ten. As you go past ~70 it'll be 17, and at past ~78 it shouldn't really align anymore. Otherwise you could always do a quick alignment of course that should save you most of the time, but I wouldn't recommend it as your turnaround will never be as short as thirty seconds... biggrin.pngsig.gif