Sign in to follow this  
atp2008

Scenery texture disappearing after a period of flight, and framerate?

5e1d824424f254b0.jpg As seen from the picture, the scenery texture crushed and became to disappear after a period of (approx 20min) flight. During the flight, I changed the view very frequently between different views.I'm using 32-bit windows7, with 3G maximum of memory and i5-480 processor(laptop, 2.67GHz, 2cores, 4 threads) and GeForce 310M video card.I've edited the fsx.cfg and added HIMEMFIX=1 to it, and I felt it reduced the chance of seeing skeleton airplanes. But I had not change TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1028 to 4096, as I thought it will increase the workload of the computer. By the way, for a i5-480/Ge310M/3G laptop, is this framerate good? For clear weather daytime in VC on ground, low scenery object setting, I can achieve 12-15 fps maximum, and 11-12 fps in the night, 8-9fps when fogged in. Thanks all, and wish you all good flights

That only happens to me when I fly over PNW by ORBX. Its annoying.
it's not ORBX zone but default. I found this may happen when I change views frequently.Straight Face.gif

it's not ORBX zone but default. I found this may happen when I change views frequently.Straight%20Face.gif
Maybe your computer is just too weak to run FSX effectively? Especially with NGX? That or you should use 64bit windows. No ideas else.

I had this issue when flying over ORBX related scenery. I never had it until PMDG suggested the texture load change. I changed it back to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 and things are back to normal. Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

I had this issue when flying over ORBX related scenery. I never had it until PMDG suggested the texture load change. I changed it back to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1028 and things are back to normal. Buzz
I changed this value to 512 this afternoonWorried.gif and now I can feel the resolution of cockpit texture reduced, and the memory consumption of FSX.exe reduced too. However I can still see some skeleton airplanes, and the texture problem above has not been verified yet due to lack of time.

Try editing that HIMEMFIX=1 to HIGHMEMFIX=1 There was a n error in the introduction doc, as has been pointed out in a few posts... The switch needs to be written correctly for it to be interpreted by FSX on loading... Not sure if that is the only issue mind... Andrew

I've been having a fiddle. I put texture load back to 4096 and deleted Highmem. Blank ground texture are still not there, very strange. I'll put highmem back and see what happens again.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

I'm having the same issues. I posted as well on this forum and submitted at ticket. I7 2600k SB 8GB RAM GTX 460. I made the suggested changes to the FSX.cfg file, but used the incorrect syntax for Highmem. I still need to correct that and re-test. Will advise on the forum. Thanks, Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Ive had this happen on occasion - first time it got progressively worse and then crashed FSX, second time I did a quick alt+enter to switch to window view and then full screen again and it cleared it(i think along with FSX own memory control issues, there is something with the PMDG that is also leaking memory) This as only happened when the sim as been running for many, hours, return flights etc. I have the correct HIGHMEMFIX=1 in my FSX.cfg along with other tweaks - like I say its sporadic only happened twice, and only with the NGX and always after many hours. I have a 2600k OC to 4.8 with 8gb of ram running on windows 7 64 ultimate - nothing else runs on the system - its purely a FSX machine - even ASE etc are all running on a networked PC. So as much as some of the tweaks including the correct HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry may help you - and a more capable PC and memory will also improve this for you - I trully believe that the NGX is doing something else thats eating the memory up - and so do PMDG as you see from their tracking thread.

5e1d824424f254b0.jpg As seen from the picture, the scenery texture crushed and became to disappear after a period of (approx 20min) flight. During the flight, I changed the view very frequently between different views.I'm using 32-bit windows7, with 3G maximum of memory and i5-480 processor(laptop, 2.67GHz, 2cores, 4 threads) and GeForce 310M video card.I've edited the fsx.cfg and added HIMEMFIX=1 to it, and I felt it reduced the chance of seeing skeleton airplanes. But I had not change TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1028 to 4096, as I thought it will increase the workload of the computer. By the way, for a i5-480/Ge310M/3G laptop, is this framerate good? For clear weather daytime in VC on ground, low scenery object setting, I can achieve 12-15 fps maximum, and 11-12 fps in the night, 8-9fps when fogged in. Thanks all, and wish you all good flights
I just want to say this happens to me a lot and is often accompanied with panel freezes (even after hotfix) and missing parts of the aircraft texture. I also manage to achieve a maximum of 15 FPS with very low settings. Your specs are almost exactly like mine.

I had the same problem in default scenery. I could not get a pattern for such an occurrence, and when this happened, the texture of the vertical stabilizer and engines also disappeared. After the hotfix I had no chance to stay long flight, but on short flights I did, I did not see that happen again. I did not check the FPS, because I was only doing KSEA-KPAE flights, just to feel the aircraft. But even in these short flights, fsx had episodes of freezing, loss of textures of scenery and aircraft. But again, after the hotfix, even doing a few of these flights, I did not see it repeated. I hope it stays that way.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Ditto. Happened after hour-flight New York to Washington last night. Flight was smooth as silk but after parking at the gate, I found the terminal had disappeared along with most of downtown Washington. When I exited the flight, FSX hung up. Only problems I've been seeing with NGX happen after the flight ends. It doesn't like to exit a flight and FSX always gets hung up.

In the pic above, look at the LAT / LONG notice the >?< ? (S43?1.53' S151?11.80) Ive never seen that before.That makes me think the plane dont know where it is.I think there might be more to this that meets the eye.