Sign in to follow this  
BBBE

Autoland Fail OP

Hi, i have made some Autolands with Fail OP on. The 737 should be able to hold the Centerline viaAutopilot. But sometimes the 737 is not able to do this! Has anybody else got the same issue? ILS on Bothe NAVCourse on BothCollinsISFDBoth F/D on Kind regardsSteffen Lutz

The 737 doesn't hold the centerline automatically. You need to do it yourself. When it did it on its own it probably was due to favorable wind conditions. p.s.: you are required to disengage the autopilot after touchdown.

Hi, thanks for the very fast replay. But i understod in an old post, that it is possible with fail op.But i could misunderstood it, my english is not as good as it should be. Kind RegardsSteffen Lutz http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336544-vnavfmc-u108-or-fmc-u107-software/

This is all fully and realistically modeled in the NGX:[...]The Fail Operational Autoland option essentially enables the more modern autoland system that's seen in the 747-400, 757/767 and 777. You get LAND2/3 annunciations, FLARE guidance from the FD and rudder control that includes ROLLOUT guidance and automatic crosswind de-crabbing. You also get a new MFD button below the normal ENG and SYS buttons that says "C/R" on it - this is the cancel/recall button for the autoland mode messages that can appear on the upper DU in the event of reversions or failures during the approach. The third inertial source for the system is provided by the ISFD's internal AHRS combined with the two normal IRUs. The Collins MCP actually has a hidden third autopilot channel that is not pilot controllable - this sends commands to a rudder servo that is part of the option/modification.[...]

Hi, thanks for the very fast replay. But i understod in an old post, that it is possible with fail op.But i could misunderstood it, my english is not as good as it should be. Kind RegardsSteffen Lutz http://forum.avsim.n...-u107-software/
Yes the NGX has full fail operational autoland. See intro manual page 59 !! You also need the collind MCP and the ISFD (page 58) selected from the CDU. Very very few airlines have this very expensive modification. Fred.

Hi, i have made some Autolands with Fail OP on. The 737 should be able to hold the Centerline viaAutopilot. But sometimes the 737 is not able to do this! Has anybody else got the same issue? ILS on Bothe NAVCourse on BothCollinsISFDBoth F/D on Kind regardsSteffen Lutz
Hi Steffen, Please check my post, I might help you... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343627-how-to-perform-an-autoland/