Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

A/C Delivery

Anyone can me how short or medium range A/C's by Boeing or McDonald Douglas are delivered to airlines in foreign countries? Just curious. Thanks . . . .

They (the prospective airline) fly them from Boeing's factory to overseas hubs once the planes are ready meaning fabricated, tested, and painted to an airlines specifications.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Do you mean there is no distance greater than the A/C's flying distance to reach an airline in any country? Thanks . . . .

Since passengers and their luggage contributes significantly to a plane's weight, the planes can fly farther than they could on a normal revenue earning flight. I've seen some reports of temporary fuel tanks mounted in the passenger cabin where the passenger seats are normally mounted, but I suspect they have to be careful about the floor's load capacity.

I wonder what is the shortest distance from a US shore to another country that has an active airline that uses A/C's produced in the US. I imagine this is recorded somewhere. Again, just curious.

Here in Vancouver I’ve seen many Bombardier CRJ’s on railcars bound for Asia - I presume.Although likely this may have as much to do with manufacturing arrangements as transport.There was some assembly required ;)

It's simple - they make one or more fuel stops en route. So an Embraer being delivered from Brazil to Europe might make fuel stops in Bermuda and the Azores in order to be able to cross the Atlantic, and an Airbus being delivered to North America might make fuel stops at Keflavik and Gander.

Yeah - even GA planes can cross the oceans - although the Atlantic is probably far easier than the Pacific... Shouldn't pose a problem to ferry an airliner though... Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7