Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

User doesn't like engines- but has no data or experience to back it up... (not a bug... just a wasted gripe)

So you're real 737 pilot?
You should know this from Jack's pinned thread with the video managing the drag. It is all there. I think Jack flies for some Canadian 737NG operator.
But unfortunately I have -6.25 of sphere in my eyes, and the limit is -6.00.
This may be correctable with Lasik surgery. I had one and am very pleased with the results. You should find out somewhere else how Lasik can impact someone's flying career but from what I read, at least in commercial (non-military) aviation, there was a ban from professional flying for about 6 months or a year after the surgery. If this is true it pays to have such surgery done before you start your aviation career. But such question should be directed to doctors who do medical aviation stuff.

And also, people are thinking that I'm not happy with the NGX. Infact, I'm REALLY happy! It's the best PMDG plane ever made. This was just one thing I didn't really like. But unfortunately I'm experiencing a glitch with LNAV. When I disengage the AP at cruising altitude, and for example change heading a little bit, and then engage the autopilot again, it's not getting back on the LNAV flight path! I don't know why. And no I'm not disengaging it on purpose because I accidently hit the hat switch on my yoke. And the strange thing is, even when I correct it myself, the autopilot keeps heading away from the LNAV path. I suppose it's not supposed to do that, is it? Arjen Vandervelde
Is it by chance switching out of LNAV to HDG Select? Also, if you deviate to the point that the aircraft is not on an intercept heading, it may not recapture the flight path until you manually place the aircraft back to an intercept heading.

On that youtube video what is that "grinding noise" when they rotate.......starts when he starts to pull the yoke back

It seems no one is understanding what I mean. I said after 50% N1 acceleration and establishing is OK and very realistic. But that should already start after 30% N1. When the pilots in the video put the throttle levers to 40% N1, that didn't give it a boost.Until 30% N1, the engines accelerated really slowly, just like in the NGX. But then suddenly at 30%, boom! Fast acceleration and immediate establishing at 40% N1, while the NGX's engines continue to accelerate really slowly and don't want to establish, no matter what the outside air tempature is. Arjen Vandervelde
Sorry, but you're wrong here - we had multiple videos taken (not from some DVD at the back of the cockpit) that show the takeoff spooling process up very close. We matched it as close as we possibly could given the limitations of FSX. That video you linked looks like it already has the engines spooled up somewhat - it's not happening from flat idle there. I suspect it's already very close to 40%, which is the standard stabilization setting before pressing TO/GA. They probably had some level of thrust applied already from the taxi/turn onto the runway. We measured around 7-8 seconds from flat idle to stabilizing at 40%. The 40% thing is a typo in the tutorial - I meant to say that it "bites" at 50% N1. This is on every single video we had done. Jack in this thread flies the NG every week at a major airline and worked very closely with Vangelis on tuning the engine spool up - if he says it's very close to what he sees in the real airplane then you can take that to the bank.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

try this....fix.pngthat should fix it tongue.png

try this....So if I understand it correctly I go into the FIX page and then set FMC to active and it should fix the problem of LNAV not getting back on the lateral flight path? Ok, I'll try that, but I can't remember something like this displaying on the FIX page...Arjen Vanderveldefix.pngthat should fix it tongue.png

From that video, are you able to tell the outside air temperature and the fuel temperature, then crossed referenced that with the same conditions in FSX? Point being, there are variables that will effect things like spool up time, all of which I'm sure PMDG have simulated. Absolutely pointless to pluck random videos from youtube and announce that they've modelled something incorrectly. Perhaps if you can come up with some hard figures from official documentation, people will take you seriously.
I agree and very well said. I believe the engines are very well simulated. TO/GA acts exactly the way the FCOM describes. Taxi behavior acts exactly the way the FCOM describes. Sounds are better than any addon sound developer has ever done. I've regularly purchase addon sound from TSS and others because I usually don't like the sound the sim aircraft comes with. That is not the case with PMDG. These engine sounds will never be replaced. Bob

Guest Turboblower
I agree and very well said. I believe the engines are very well simulated. TO/GA acts exactly the way the FCOM describes. Taxi behavior acts exactly the way the FCOM describes. Sounds are better than any addon sound developer has ever done. I've regularly purchase addon sound from TSS and others because I usually don't like the sound the sim aircraft comes with. That is not the case with PMDG. These engine sounds will never be replaced. Bob
+1

What a fun read =P Quick question while everyone is still here. In the video, the FO turned off the landing lights right after takeoff. I thought you were supposed to wait until after 10k feet? Question 2. Is there any where to find their checklists for the 737? The one I downloaded from some guy on the forum is all messed up..

What a fun read =P Quick question while everyone is still here. In the video, the FO turned off the landing lights right after takeoff. I thought you were supposed to wait until after 10k feet? Question 2. Is there any where to find their checklists for the 737? The one I downloaded from some guy on the forum is all messed up..
Normal checklist is in the QRH.