Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

Default 747 Visual Model

Hi I have been using FSX Gold Edition on Windows 7 for almost a month now, and everything has been working fine. However, yesterday, I loaded up the default 747-400, and got a message like this; Visual model could not be displayedBoeing 747-400 KLM. The plane still appears in the list of aircraft, but when loaded, is invisible. Any ideas on what I could do. NB; I am saving reinstalling FSX as an absolute last resort. Even if there is a way to copy the original file from the disc.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

Did you add a KLM repaint to the default 47? Check your aircraft.cfg, is the model= line correct? regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

where abouts in the .cfg should the model= be located?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Should be in Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400\model the model.cfg file.Oh and the Aircraft.cfg is in the Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400\ Hope it helps.

[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 747-400 Paint1sim=Boeing747-400model=panel=sound=texture=1kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref Ensure the model= entry for your repaint's fltsim entry is blank like the example above. "model=" tells FSX which model folder to look in (there can be more than one model folder). If it says something like model=KLM then FSX is trying to look for a model.KLM folder. If FSX can't find the model.KLM folder then you're obviously going to get a " Visual model could not be displayed" error message.

www.antsairplanes.com

Is there a way to copy the file from the original disk?If so where abouts on the disk would it be loacted, and on which disk? 1 or 2?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018