Sign in to follow this  
MikeDavey777

Is my FPS right with these specs?

So I recently got the NGX up and running and upgraded from the GTX 275 to the 460 and installed REX 2.0. Before Rex I was only getting about 14 fps and now that I installed REX it dropped down to 8 and I'm thinking this cant be right. I'm defintely not computer savey, but I love my flght simming, so if anyone had maybe a basic outline on how I could increase my frames that would be awesome, nothing to technical cause like I said, not to savey when it comes to the tech side of things. I was hoping with my new overclocked 460 I should be getting 20 + at least. I also don't have anything else running, this computer is basically for PMDG. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You need to try and get your CPU overclocked as fast as possible. The GPU upgrade you down will not help improve the FPS in FSX any significant amount. Turn down the cloud cover, autogen density, water, AI traffic to try and help FPS. Make sure you are not running AA in inspector to high with a lot of cloud cover. Apply this tweak too http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

-Iain Watson-

the 460 is not that powerful for REX and stuff like ORBX.I would aim for 570 or 580/590. That being said, check your resolution of clouds, water etc. in REX because they max things out with HD clouds etc.Step down auto-gen to dense. Although you do not see any effect immediately on the ground, you will once you start flying into a populated area, again a place like Brisbane with ORBX is packed with individual houses so that will for sure beat up your system. Turn off the CO pilot's screens! That gained me a lot.Lower your settings of your 3D card and take your FSX.cfg for a spin on this site: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html Also check AI off if you hit rock bottom. That's the best I can give you on the top of my head.Ian... I concur! tongue.png

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

i got my autogen om extrmely dence and it is running better than on dence i have a gtx580

Guest tonyf38

You can also try to select clouds in REX that are not HD also, I agree with the others, CPU needs to be overclocked as well..

Keep in mind that decreasing AutoGen will not ALWAYS be better. It can be better to have more, keeping the card and everything else at work. But I don't understand how you're only at 8 when i'm at 22 at ORBX YMML with a bunch of other crap running =/ I HIGHLY suggest running your fsx cfg through that site and seeing if that helps. Also as suggested before, go to REX options and make your clouds 1024 res if you have to. 1 more thing, try decreasing AI from what ever you have to 0 and see how that runs.

Thanks for the advice, what about FSX settings, I did find a site about a yr ago with some recomended settings for FSX that had me running the 747 with Rex at like 25 fps with the 275. Well considering I just got the 460, I don't think I'll get the 5 series, also how much more FPS does the 5 series really give you, is it that much more? Yeah I just need to tweak more, I have to get more than what I'm getting now.

You can also try to select clouds in REX that are not HD also, I agree with the others, CPU needs to be overclocked as well..
So even thought my GTX is overclocked, you still think I should overclock my CPU, would that really improve my fps significantly?

Oh for sure man but I haven't and i'm getting WAY better perf than you are. Just tweak for a while and learn the ins and outs of the way it all works =)

1 more thing, try decreasing AI from what ever you have to 0 and see how that runs.
That's real helpful, if your not satisfied with how your AI looks though, try increasing in small increments until you get your optimal performance, it's always a good idea to clean your computer up, get everything organized.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Don't forget to disable your antivirus software or at least exclude FSX folders! 10-15 FPS increase at least with most of them.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg