Sign in to follow this  
comsen

A/P Disengage and Single CH

Hello, I got some questions about the 738 NGX. What is your way to disengage the autopilot during the landing? If I press "z" the A/P disengages but the sound does not stop. I mean the sound of the disengage. I always have to press manualy the button. After that the sound ends. During the landing, I only want the press "z" and will fly manually. The sound has to come 3-4 times and then stop. Another question. Before I flew the PMDG i flew the ifly. If I established ILS, in the PFD appears "Single CH". In the pmdg it does not appear. Why? Thank you!

If you have set both Nav radios to your ILS freq and land on a CAT I rwy, thenyou would have Single Channel announced on the FMA. (Because no autoland) About the A/P disconnect sound, it´s like that in RW (I guess) that youl have afterwardsto press the blinking disconnect annunciator./ Leffe

Hello,I got some questions about the 738 NGX. What is your way to disengage the autopilot during the landing? If I press "z" the A/P disengages but the sound does not stop. I mean the sound of the disengage. I always have to press manualy the button. After that the sound ends. During the landing, I only want the press "z" and will fly manually. The sound has to come 3-4 times and then stop.Another question. Before I flew the PMDG i flew the ifly. If I established ILS, in the PFD appears "Single CH". In the pmdg it does not appear. Why?Thank you!
I have the same question. No one has an answer?
If you would like quickly and CORRECT answers please present in your signature full name, country, etc.

If you would like quickly and CORRECT answers please present in your signature full name, country, etc.
Done. Can you now answer my question or are you just wasting your time (and others) around this forum to check this kind of stuff?

About the AP disconnect: Just press z again to cancel the warning. This mimics real world behavior of the AP disconnect button on the joke.

I personally set the A/P disconnect button in the PMDG settings on the CDU. Then I map that key to my fire button on the X52 Pro via FSUIPC. That way when I hit it the second time, it kills the aural warning.Prior to that, I had my fire button mapped to Z, the FSX a/p button, but which is actually a toggle, so my pressing it a second time, it would re-activate CMD A, which is not what I wanted.I also have A/T disconnect button mapped to my joystick as well. During the final approach, I really don't like taking my view away from the HUD.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

@ckeddf, @CrasThank you for your help. I do it exactly this way but when I hit the button a second time instead of silence the warning it engage the AP again...Thinking.gif

@ckeddf, @CrasThank you for your help. I do it exactly this way but when I hit the button a second time instead of silence the warning it engage the AP again...Thinking.gif
Strange, I have Z mapped to the default FSX autopilot on/off toggle - but for me it still works with the NGX like I described: push once to disconnect, twice to cancel the warning.Did you have a look into the shortcut assignments of the NGX? The safest way might be to assign a shortcut to the AP disengage button on the yoke to avoid any "Z-confusion" altogether.

Done. Can you now answer my question or are you just wasting your time (and others) around this forum to check this kind of stuff?
I really was wasting my time reading this question regarding Z key in a 737 NGX cockpit!

Maybe you still have mapped your button in the FSX menu. You have to remove it from there either.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Country is not required in this forum, just full name. Pointing out the lack of a full name is really PMDG mod territory. Why people read threads, point out the lack of name info but then don't answer the question asked is beyond me.
I really was wasting my time reading this question regarding Z key in a 737 NGX cockpit!
It's quite common for people to confuse how it works in the NGX compared to the default aircraft and some other addons. Surely it's just as easy to answer the question than to point out how trivial you thought it was.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

If you have set both Nav radios to your ILS freq and land on a CAT I rwy, thenyou would have Single Channel announced on the FMA. (Because no autoland)About the A/P disconnect sound, it´s like that in RW (I guess) that youl have afterwardsto press the blinking disconnect annunciator./ Leffe
If you only have one AP engaged on approach the annunciation will be SINGLE CH (amber). If you select a second AP it will change to CMD (green) when FLARE is armed (and ROLLOUT for Fail Operational). It's basically a caution, hence the amber colour, to remind the pilot the autopilot is in APP mode but not yet configured for autoland.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

If you only have one AP engaged on approach the annunciation will be SINGLE CH (amber). If you select a second AP it will change to CMD (green) when FLARE is armed (and ROLLOUT for Fail Operational). It's basically a caution, hence the amber colour, to remind the pilot the autopilot is in APP mode but not yet configured for autoland.Kevin Hall
I didn´t say both CMD!I said both radios turned on the ILS freq for the rwy. If only a CAT I, then SINGLE C./ Leffe

That is not correct !!If you select a second autopilot it will change to Land 3 just below 1500 ft.If you use the Honeywell MCP it will not arm rollout and change to CMD just below 1500 ft.Fred.