Sign in to follow this  
nawarren

L/H Throttle no thrust

Many people have had this problem, me too. Make your own panel state and see if that works. I had the same problem with both engines, changing the default flight has something to do with it. For me it was the mixture, for others it was something else I believe.Try deleting the default flight by deleting everything after [sITUATION] in the FSX config.Dan.

I think some A/C have a Left and Right starter. Think its for redundancy. So on odd days you would use left and even days you would use right. To balance the wear I guess. Cheers Neil

Seems feasible.

The procedure is slightly different when starting with the ground air source. The FCOM says to disconnect the external air after starting Engine No.1. Engine No. 2 is then started using the Engine Crossbleed start procedure.... whereby Eng 1 thrust is increased until reaching 30PSI in the duct.

Ok, I have unplugged all my controllers, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder etc. Loaded up a flight with PMDG 737-800WL Air Berlin. Waited for the 18 sec countdown. Gone into CDU loaded default colddark situation. Waited 18 secs for systems to load. Started APU, eng #2. Allowed #2 to stabilize for couple of mins. Started #1. Both engs indicating all normal. However #1 eng has thrust reverser deployed and does not respond to any increase in thrust. Thrust levers move as normal but engine just sits at idle. Enfg #2 works as normal. Very strange. Am running out of ideas. Cheers Neil

If you look at the failures section in the CDU, are they all cleared?

This must be a bug of some kind, because I have the exact same problem, and there are no failures indicated in the FMC failure menu. The reverser thing happens to me too.

Ok, I have unplugged all my controllers, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder etc. Loaded up a flight with PMDG 737-800WL Air Berlin. Waited for the 18 sec countdown. Gone into CDU loaded default colddark situation. Waited 18 secs for systems to load. Started APU, eng #2. Allowed #2 to stabilize for couple of mins. Started #1. Both engs indicating all normal. However #1 eng has thrust reverser deployed and does not respond to any increase in thrust. Thrust levers move as normal but engine just sits at idle. Enfg #2 works as normal. Very strange. Am running out of ideas. Cheers Neil
Have you tried pressing F1 to clear the reverser? Iain Smith

Nawarren,

Many people have had this problem, me too. Make your own panel state and see if that works. I had the same problem with both engines, changing the default flight has something to do with it. For me it was the mixture, for others it was something else I believe. Try deleting the default flight by deleting everything after [sITUATION] in the FSX config. Dan.
Now that you are running out of ideas, try the above, like I said it worked for me. Dan.

Hi Iain, I have hit F1 to clear the reverser. It clears ok. But I still have no thrust on eng 1. F3 increases thrust on eng 2 but not eng 1 and both thrust levers move up and down in vc view. Hi Dan, I have tried this. Makes no difference. I have default as trike at friday harbour. When pmdg loads up with engines running it works fine. Have done a shutdown to cold and dark. Saved and then loaded it. Still the same prob with eng 1. Cheers Neil

Hi George, Yes I select free flight, then PMDG 737, airport, time and weather then click on fly now. Cheers Neil

I tried removing my current default flight, but it didn't work. I've tried moving the thrust levers by klicking on them, pressing F4, using my throttle quadrant calibrated through FSX. But the sound keeps playing as if the engines were in idle, and so does the instruments indicate and when I release the parking brakes, the airplane wont move. However, two things seem to reset the engine freeze: 1. By bringing up and closing FSUIPC followed by applying reverse thrust.2. By activating slew-mode, going up into the air and deactivating the slew mode.

You'll notice the oil temp is not up the same as the engine that has started, also the N1 value will be stuck at about 20%.No bleed air will come from this engine either, vibration will be at 0 as well.Do you see these things?Dan.