Sign in to follow this  
nikeulas

A sound issue and a few advice maybe ?

Hi there, I recently purchased the j41 voice commander edition, after hesitating with the button edition. The goal was finaly to get rid of a certain amount of mouse-clicking and monitoring, in order to concentrate on the flying part. My system and voice recognition device are in french, and i've been looking for a way to turn it into US and found this link : http://www.intowindo...7-home-premium/ I am going to try it tonight, and then let you know if it did work or not. I guess if it doesn't work i will have to purchase a US version of win 7 ? Praying.gif But now is the real issue : Since I installed FS2crew, my ATC sound is gone, and each time i get an ATC message (the window pops up) the sound drops to a very low level. It comes back by posing the simulation, but then goes away with the next ATC message. Any idea of how this can be resolved ? I have not been able to run FSX in windowed mode (i don't know how to do it Monkey.gif ) right after the installation, so maybe i missed a message. All helps / comments / guesses are welcome ! Nicolas

Hi Nicolas, You can also consider Vistalizator (www.froggie.sk) but upgrading to the English version of Win 7 64 would be best. I can only assume the sound issue is hardware specific as I've never experienced it. Try playing with your audio device settings/drivers. Windowed mode: Hit ALT ENTER on your keyboard. Best,

Hi Bryan, so after struggling just a little bit with my sound device i got rid of my sound issue, and have been able to turn my system to US version using vistalizator (which by the way you recommend in page 10 of the manual Doh.gif ) I went through the voice recognition training and that went well despite my thick frrrench accent. So I've tried to make my first flight earlier and just managed to burn both engines on the runway, i must have forgotten something important, like calling for "condition levers flight" (Doh.gif again) So it seems to be working quite alright so far ! thanks! best regards

OK, i am trying to follow the check lists by the letter in order to avoid burning engines... so what did i miss when, trying to run the engines, i get the "check the throttle position" message from the FO ?

OK, i am learning flight after flight. i think i ommited "are you ready for the preflight brief" and/or "are you ready for the clearance brief" before the turn check. that leads me to two more questions Loser.gif : when executing a checklist the FO says "are you sure about that ?", does that mean i missed something ? after a flight, getting ready for the next one, how can i get the FA to be busy with the boarding and let me know when the cabin is ready without running the preflight again ?

Hi, Yes, when the FO/PNF says "are you sure about that", it means you responded incorrectly to a checklist item... ie., you said a switch was on when in fact it wasn't. For a 2nd leg, you have to run the Pre Flight events again. But FS2Crew models thru-flight procedures accurately, so many of the FO's actions are not performed on the 2nd leg since they'd only be done on the first flight of the day. Cheers,

Thanks Bryan, so i will run the preflight and advance time to around 15 or 10 minutes before departure and that should do it !

Ok, so it's been about one week since I purchased the add-on, and i can now announce I can be counted among the (very) satisfied users ! It really makes the flying so much more enjoyable ! One thing I want to point out, is how good the voice recognition is (especially when i want to engage the anti ice system, i generally miss one word out of two), because it was my main concern and I know some have had difficulties with it. Ok that's it, back to flying ! polls_6a00d09e46363bbe2b00fae8cd7c8a000b_500pi_5549_228514_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg