Sign in to follow this  
Pup

FSX Crashing after Hotfix Applied

After installing the hotfix I am hardly able to do any flights since FSX crashes at random points during the cockpit setup whether this be turning the battery on, setting up the FMC, turning fuel pumps on, moving a window around, etc. Out of the last 8 times I have loaded the NGX, I have only been able to fly once. Before the Hotfix I had NO problems with FSX crashing except when exiting FSX (which judging by the one flight I was able to do has been fixed). Any help greatly appreciated.

Alan Clarke

Currently experiencing same issues...i should've stuck with version 2888 I had a working NGX now it doesn't even launch up to a certain point...I installed the latest installer (2922) And im trying different ways to get it to launch....today was my only day off and im spending it trying to fix this instead of flying...frustrating....

After fully uninstalling the old version (2888) including liveries. I proceeded to install the full 2922, after install game crashes. I had found the old version 2888 in my 2nd drive and installed shortly after now issue still occurs but was not happening with 2888. I suspect something is corrupted or missing from the setup now...could this be caused by corrupted registry entries or DLL entries in the install? I ask because my plane is grounded now...I will try other ways to install and check installed files. But im definitely sending a support ticket again. I cannot fly and not related to activation at all.

Raul where does it crash at now? When you are in FSX and trying to load a new flight? If so try the following 2 steps and see if they clear it up for you. 1) Disconnect your USB flight controllers from the computer, setup a flight and if it loads fine then plug them back in again. If you used FSUIPC to program anything on your controllers load FSUIPC check to see your controls still assigned and working. Exit FSUIPC and you should be good to go. 2) If Step 1 does not work and your have another PMDG plane such as the 747-400 or MD-11 etc load that first at an airport on the ground let it set it a couple seconds to initialize then end flight and load your 737-NGX. If you get one of the steps to work please come back and post your results and what step fixed it if either. If neither of the above worked, send a support ticket to PMDG.

I am currently running NGX bare no paints and have tried updating all sorts of programs including FSUIPC. I running a test as I type this.

Raul where does it crash at now? When you are in FSX and trying to load a new flight? If so try the following 2 steps and see if they clear it up for you. 1) Disconnect your USB flight controllers from the computer, setup a flight and if it loads fine then plug them back in again. If you used FSUIPC to program anything on your controllers load FSUIPC check to see your controls still assigned and working. Exit FSUIPC and you should be good to go. 2) If Step 1 does not work and your have another PMDG plane such as the 747-400 or MD-11 etc load that first at an airport on the ground let it set it a couple seconds to initialize then end flight and load your 737-NGX. If you get one of the steps to work please come back and post your results and what step fixed it if either. If neither of the above worked, send a support ticket to PMDG.
1) I don't use FSUIPC to program my controls. 2) I am crashing right when i load the plane...I have run norton utility to clean registry entries after uninstall of NGX 2888. No success on either options. Seems like 2922 clean install corrupted something that now nothing works...i will try installing 2922 hotfix on top of the 2888 next then clean install of each. If none work i will put in another ticket. Thanks for the help though.

It seems applying the hotfix 2992 on top of the 2888 works, no more crashing on loading plane (selection screen in FSX). I will test later on after coming from work....luckily i make a mess of copies for testing purposes. If i would have deleted the 2888 i would still be stuck in this situation. Important tip ALWAYS keep a backup of all versions in case there are issues like the one i just encountered which saved my butt! But thankfully looks like i can load the plane now, we'll see once i fully test it again.

...Important tip ALWAYS keep a backup of all versions in case there are issues like the one i just encountered which saved my butt!...
Hi, very good suggestion indeed...Version 2888 is the main installer, right?

Main installer was 2885. I saved the second installer and erased the 2885. I know i WILL NOT be doing that again...even if i am running out of space on my backup drive.