Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Latest Hotfix doesn't fix my panel freezes

The latest hotfix hasn't fixed panel freezes on my 737NGX. They start happening just after take off then reoccur about every minute pretty much to the second - a freeze for about 5-10 seconds - in clear air so no demanding clouds, and over the ocean so no demanding scenery. While my system isn't the very latest it ain't all that bad - i7 960 (unclocked), nvidia 470, Win7 64, 6 gig ram etc). Is there any indication as what causes these freezes and how to prevent them? As it is now the NGX is pretty much unflyable. Surprising as I was under the impression this aircraft was beta tested to the nth degree. Thanks. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Well it seems I may have found a solution to my panel freeze problem - after deleting FSUIPC.ini (actually disabling by renaming to FSUIPCini) and letting FSUIPC create a new one the freezes seem to have gone. Will just have to see if this fix goes the distance. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I followed advice from this forum after I was getting freezes and CTD after hotfixe 3, uninstalled PMDG 737 NGX, downloaded latest RTM installed using my account, seems to work great....

Ray Vlasek

I followed advice from this forum after I was getting freezes and CTD after hotfixe 3, uninstalled PMDG 737 NGX, downloaded latest RTM installed using my account, seems to work great....
Been there, done that. Didn't help in my case.

The latest hotfix hasn't fixed panel freezes on my 737NGX. They start happening just after take off then reoccur about every minute pretty much to the second - a freeze for about 5-10 seconds - in clear air so no demanding clouds, and over the ocean so no demanding scenery. While my system isn't the very latest it ain't all that bad - i7 960 (unclocked), nvidia 470, Win7 64, 6 gig ram etc). Is there any indication as what causes these freezes and how to prevent them? As it is now the NGX is pretty much unflyable. Surprising as I was under the impression this aircraft was beta tested to the nth degree. Thanks. Bruceb
Just check that you have excluded your fsx folder from Microsoft Security Essentials real-time protection otherwise this will happen.

Just check that you have excluded your fsx folder from Microsoft Security Essentials real-time protection otherwise this will happen.
Thanks, it wasn't excluded and I have now fixed that but if that was the cause I would have expected to see the freezes with other aircraft such as the MD11 which doesn't happen. Anyway I am hopeful that forcing FSUIPC to generate a fresh FSUIPC4.ini file (as per the PMDG 737NGX intro doco) has fixed the problem - so far this seems to be the case. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett