Sign in to follow this  
Aerah

Some dll´s you might need.

Much of the problems associated with uiautomationcore.dll is that people download the wrong versions and copy them into the wrong place.FSX needs this dynamic link library but it needs the vista 32 bit version not the XP version or the 64 bit version etc etc .. You should put the 32 bit Vista dll in the FSX root folder because windown will always look in the root folder for it first.Deleting .dlls in the windows folder is not only pointless it is positively dangersous and if you do this you deserve everything you get. I agree with Ryan, and can vouch from experience if this dll isn't there you will get CTDs after 10-20 menu clicks but the error that 'causes' the CTD could be from any one of a thousand varieties of modules that FSX was trying to call when the system bombed i.e. it wont point the finger at uiautomationcore. Its not a PMDG issue - it never was.The other problem that causes sporadic CTDs is a corrupt simconnect installation. Again this isn't a PMDG problem. Sim Connect is widely acknowledged in the developer community as being the achiles heel of FSX . Corruption can happen for a variety of reasons and the results can, once again, produce an alphabet soup of .dlls showing up as faulting moduies. I have had this problem a couple of times. Sadly you can't run an FSX repair on this issue because M$ in its infinite wisdom developed a repair algorithm on the FSX disc that repairs everything BUT Simconnect - basically it just looks to see whether the Simconnect files are present in the WINSYS directory and if they are it says"Ok I'll skip that then " - i.e it doesn't check to see if they are corrupt.Peter Dowson of FSUPIC fame developed a methodology to repair Simconnect files manually but it doesn't always work (I have tried it). The only sure fire solution is the clear out FSX completely - use a good registry cleaner and re-install from scratch. - not easy when like me you have 150GB of add-ons.I have also found ocassional problems with the C++ libraries following a windows update which can be fixed with a re-installtion of the 2005 and 2008 run time libraries. I can also boast experience of the infamous 'smartassembly' error that appears to be related to a corrupt NetFramwork installation and seems to have particular resonance with users of Ultimate Traffic 2.Then of course we have the famous XML.config corruption problem caused by developers who use Unix editors to write installation routines with line feed returns that Windows can't process.Finally there are the usual round of ill-applied FSX config tweaks that end up hobbling the system rather than helping it. I remember the innfamous LOD_Radius snake oil a while back that maanged to bring a number of systems to their respective knees.Now if anyone knows how to fix the AES memory leak problem that causes CTDs when flying from an AES enabled to a non AES enabled airport I am all ears !The moral of all this is don't mess with what you don't understand, or if you do, make sure you have really good back-ups !

U can try it, I personally have just done what i've read about on the forums and my texture max load =4096. Load radius is max
If your LOD_RADIUS is at max in fsx settings, and you didn't fiddle with it in fsx.cfg (eg. left it at 4.5) then you will hardly have any problems.

Guys, just to be clear. I copied and pasted the .dll file which is in my Windows 7 64bit folder: C:/Windows/SysWOW64Am I right or need to download and save another file version?
Useless. You need Vista 32bit version.

Much of the problems associated with uiautomationcore.dll is that people download the wrong versions and copy them into the wrong place.FSX needs this dynamic link library but it needs the vista 32 bit version not the XP version or the 64 bit version etc etc .. You should put the 32 bit Vista dll in the FSX root folder because windown will always look in the root folder for it first.Deleting .dlls in the windows folder is not only pointless it is positively dangersous and if you do this you deserve everything you get.I agree with Ryan, and can vouch from experience if this dll isn't there you will get CTDs after 10-20 menu clicks but the error that 'causes' the CTD could be from any one of a thousand varieties of modules that FSX was trying to call when the system bombed i.e. it wont point the finger at uiautomationcore. Its not a PMDG issue - it never was.The other problem that causes sporadic CTDs is a corrupt simconnect installation. Again this isn't a PMDG problem. Sim Connect is widely acknowledged in the developer community as being the achiles heel of FSX . Corruption can happen for a variety of reasons and the results can, once again, produce an alphabet soup of .dlls showing up as faulting moduies. I have had this problem a couple of times.Sadly you can't run an FSX repair on this issue because M$ in its infinite wisdom developed a repair algorithm on the FSX disc that repairs everything BUT Simconnect - basically it just looks to see whether the Simconnect files are present in the WINSYS directory and if they are it says"Ok I'll skip that then " - i.e it doesn't check to see if they are corrupt.Peter Dowson of FSUPIC fame developed a methodology to repair Simconnect files manually but it doesn't always work (I have tried it). The only sure fire solution is the clear out FSX completely - use a good registry cleaner and re-install from scratch. - not easy when like me you have 150GB of add-ons.I have also found ocassional problems with the C++ libraries following a windows update which can be fixed with a re-installtion of the 2005 and 2008 run time libraries. I can also boast experience of the infamous 'smartassembly' error that appears to be related to a corrupt NetFramwork installation and seems to have particular resonance with users of Ultimate Traffic 2.Then of course we have the famous XML.config corruption problem caused by developers who use Unix editors to write installation routines with line feed returns that Windows can't process.Finally there are the usual round of ill-applied FSX config tweaks that end up hobbling the system rather than helping it. I remember the innfamous LOD_Radius snake oil a while back that maanged to bring a number of systems to their respective knees.Now if anyone knows how to fix the AES memory leak problem that causes CTDs when flying from an AES enabled to a non AES enabled airport I am all ears !The moral of all this is don't mess with what you don't understand, or if you do, make sure you have really good back-ups !
Great post Andy. That really sums it up.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guys, just to be clear. I copied and pasted the .dll file which is in my Windows 7 64bit folder: C:/Windows/SysWOW64Am I right or need to download and save another file version?
Rick if you are talking about the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL then technically you can put it in here as this holds 32bit binaries on 64bit systems but you are much better off putting it to your FSX folder - you don't need to register it or go through any fancy routines - copy and paste thats all - FSX will find it . The reason for doing it this way is that Windows follows a hierachy when it looks for .dlls - it will look first in the root directory of the programe that is calling the dll (FSX) and only if it can't find it there will go hunting around the System directorioes so it is generally faster and much safer putting it into the FSX directory rather than messing around with the Windows system directories. Similarly if anyone advises you to delete dlls from the windows system directories to 'improve FSX' you should ask them if they are Microsoft Certified Engineers and if they aren't treat all such advice with a very heavy pinch of salt because they frequently have little idea what they are advising you to do nor why. Just make sure that you copy the right version of the dll. FSX was designed to use the VISTA32 bit version (see Ryans post) not any of the other alphabet soup version you may find on the internet.If you running WIN7 64bit you also need to make sure that you install FSX in a directory OTHER than Program files (x86) or Program files (same applies to Win7 32 bit as well). If you install with the default option, Windows says 'hey its a 32 bit application, I'll shove it my 32 bit programs folder where all the other 32 bit binaries live,it'll find all the lovely 32bit dlls there and they will be very happy together !' . Once it does this it will then routinely apply the dreaded User Account Control to FSX and sadly FSX was coded before UAC was a glint in Steve Balmer's eye so it can't handle it. The net result is that your FSX and all your myriad of add-ons will generate a plethora of CTDs and error messages leaving you to figure out the reason why and probably blame PMDG or some other hapless developer for 'bad coding' . I have installed my copy of FSX on a seperate internal disk.Now - anyone with advice on fixing the AES memory leak problem?

Regarding Win7 64 systems:This is probable old news for most of you, but if there are anyone out there who missed this it might be of some help.I have played with the NGX some time now, and I have yet to experience any CTD (knock wood). My suspicion is that putting these dll files into the FSX root folder will actually increase overall stability. This is not scientifically proven though...but it wont hurt either. The reason for my claim is that before getting hold of these dlls, I would experience CTD with 90% predictability when fiddling with FMC on the MD-11. And after I put these into the FSX folder I could no longer produce CTD no matter what I did with the FMC (even adding lots of various FIX points witch was a guaranteed killer).So here are the files:msvcp71.dll (version. 7.10.3077.0)msvcr71.dll (version 7.10.3052.4)UIAutomationCore.dll (version 6.0.5840.16386)Hope this help.Robert
Hi.I have already had the UIAutomationCore.dll file in FSX folder. So I just need to throw the remaining two into FSX folder as well? Or just one? Is that right?Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi.I have already had the UIAutomationCore.dll file in FSX folder. So I just need to throw the remaining two into FSX folder as well? Or just one? Is that right?Thank you.
Yes UIAutomationCore.dll goes into your FSX folder - just cut and paste. BUT MAKE SURE IT IS THE VISTA 32BIT VERSIONFor the sake of clarity msvcp71.dll (version. 7.10.3077.0) and msvcr71.dll (version 7.10.3052.4) are dlls associated with C++ runtime libaries. They are associated with Visual studio and need NET framework (I presume you have that installed?). For the sake of argument you shouldn't be putting these dlls in the System folder anyway - see the M$ knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326922. THe runtime libaries are used by add-ons and the most likely cause of a CTD is that the library is corrupt. The easiest way to solve this is to uninstall the offending add-on using the uninstall facility provided saying 'yes' when it asks you whether to uninstall all components. Afterwards run a GOOD registry cleaner such as CCleaner - and reboot (to reinitialise/rebuild the registry and then reinstall the add-on - remembering to wait untl it asks if it can install the associated runtime libraries at which point you say ' yes' . Most of the time this will fix the problem without resoriting to poking around the windows systems files.If this dosen't work, try sticking the FSX disk in the slot and run a repair - FSX needs the 2005 and 2008 redistributable libaries which you should get from FSX FSX SP1 and SP2 or acceleration.If you still get problems, rather than hunting around the internet for dlls (which may be dlls but could also be malware- how would you know?). Visit microsoft, download and install the relevent redistributable libaries direct from MicrosoftMicrosoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 (KB2538242)http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=26347Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB2538243)http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=26368Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 (KB2565063)http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=26999 This should fix yoiur problems.AES memory leak solution anybody?

So... can we get a safe answer on which version of the UIauto...... is the Vista 32bit one?

So... can we get a safe answer on which version of the UIauto...... is the Vista 32bit one?
Yes its the Vista 32bit version - definitively - you can take it to the Bank. FSX is a 32 bit application and it was developed for use on Vista. Drop the dll into you FSX root folder- thats all you have to do - no registration no messing around with systems folders.FSX will find it and use it.To end the confusion It doesn't mattter one iota whether or not you are running Win7 64 bit - FSX will still run as a 32bit application and it always wil,l so it cannot use a 64 bit dll. One of the reasons why M$ designed 64bit Win7 to have a program Files(x86) folder was to hold all the 32 bit aplications and their associated dls. Nice idea, but the reality is of course that you don't need to load FSX into this folder (the default option when you install on Win7 64bit) and there are VERY good reasons why you shouldn't do so . With the exception of trhe UIAUTOMATIONCORE.dll,( which FSX is expecting to find on your system because it was built to run under 32 bit Vista and knows nothing about WIN7) all you need to run FSX is installed from the installer disk. The problem is that if you install FSX on Win 7 with the default option (e.g in the program files or programe files(x86) folder, clever little Win 7 will then immedietly apply User account control (ubless you physically turn it off) to stop anything 'nasty' running which could 'harm' your computer. This is good if you want to stop evil malware merchants stealing your bank account details, but many.... many FSX add-ons look like malware to UAC so you will have endless problems. Install FSX on the root of the C drive (or anywhere else but under program files) and you won't have to deal with this issue.The other much debated topic surrounds RAM so lets clear that one up.. Because FSX is coded as a 32 BIt application it physically CANNOT USE more than 4GB of RAM (I think technically it is nearer 3.7Gb - no doubt some pedant will correct me). So you can stuff as much RAM into your PC as you like but FSX will never be able to use it. Does this mean that running FSX under Win7 64 bit is a waste of time? (64 bit applications can address up to 1000gb of RAM). Well not entirely - running Windows under Win 64 bit is helpful because the additional RAM can be used by other applications - all those lovely little system tray applications that load at boot time without impacting FSX. Win 7 64 bit handles this much more effeciently than win7 32bit for technical rerasons).Anothewr thing you need to remember with FSX is that a) it is a CPU bound application and :( your video card memory counts as part of the 4GB that FSX can address. This has a LOTof implications for hardware.Firstly whilst the latest video card will help you, buying one with more that 1GB of RAM will positively hinder you. If you buy the latest hot Nvidia card with 3GB of DDR5 and sling in your system expectiing FSX to explode into a mindblowing orgy of realism you will be bitterly disappointed and you will be fighting off endless CTDs because FSX will only have 1Gb or RAM to play with - a lot of people don't understand this and a lot of good money gets wasted on useless high end graphic cards with stonkingly useless amounts of video RAM. The reality is that,proportionately, you will get more bang from your buck from FSX by buying a really good intel processor (AMD are rubbish these days) such as the i5 2500k (which is the best price performance point at the moment) and overclocking it, which is very easy to do. With an Asus motherboard you an autoclock it up to 4.5ghz and with a good aftermarket cooler it won't break a sweat. Do this and you will probably find find you can run FSX with many of the sliders maxed out, I do, and I run textures at 4096 with HD REX clouds, UTX, GEX and SHADE as well as flying complex aircraft such as those from PMDG. I lock frames at 30 (technical reasons for this ). All the debate about running FSX at 40 FPS and more makes me laugh because the the human eye can't make out anything faster than 30 frames per second anyway and thats a physiological limitation concerned with how the rods and cones within the retina work - ask a good opthalmic surgeon.. Keep the FSX config tweaks down to the essentials (i.e. the ones that do work - go to Bjotes site) and you will one happy bunny. This is a far more effective 'holy grail' than following a lot nof the snake oil mythology doing the rounds on the internet, much of which is based upon a profound misunderstsnding of how FSX actually works.

Thanks for a great post! I was actually just lookin for the version number, but I found that on my own happy.png

The advise now from both REX and Orbx is to delete the uiautomationcore.dll file from both your System 32, SysWow and FSX folders (just renaming them .txt instead of .dll, so you have it for backup).They are suspecting that this file has been causing FSX crashes.I'm having trouble with the REX weather engine now and getting crashes during flights, usually right when I make a mouse-click. First thing REX asked is if have have deleted the uiautomationcore.dll file from my root FSX folder yet.I don't have it there, so that's not my problem, but I did delete if from the SysWow folder after taking ownership of it and I believe that has stopped my crashes from Orbx scenery.
this is what i did, AND i also added the uiautomationcore in the fsx root. i can fire up my cs 777 and fly from sydney to london without being worried about crashes cool.png

Guest JS41

Guys, when i download and copy UIAutomationCore.dll into my FSX root folder after that do i need to delete the original dll file from my C:/Windows/SysWOW64 ?

It's been a while, but I believe I just renamed it by replacing .dll with .txt, so it stays in the folder as a backup in case you need to use it again.I can also fly as long as I want to without a crash now. I have made a short cut on my desktop for the REX weather engine, and instead of starting the REX program, I start FSX and when it is up in the welcome window, I start the REX weather engine. REX never crashes now.Also, I have Steam with some other games like COD, and I have to exit out of it completely when I running FSX or it will also cause it to crash eventually.

Guys, when i download and copy UIAutomationCore.dll into my FSX root folder after that do i need to delete the original dll file from my C:/Windows/SysWOW64 ?
No you don't. As I have said in an earlier post - FSX looks for this dll first in the root FSX folder and will only go 'a ' hunting' if it can''t find it. When it goes 'a hunting ' it if it cant find it it in the FSX toot directory, Its next step is to interrogate your system files and it will, if you are using Win 7 or 32 or 64 bit, find a version it doesn't recognise - attempt to use it and then CTD. LEAVE THE SYSWOW FOLDER ALONE. If you are a qualified M$ engineer you can tinker with it, otherwise keep out. FSX may not use the dlls in this folder but plenty of other stuff in Win7 does so DONT delete anything unless you really fully understand what you are doing and what the implications are. I have wasteed years of my life fixing systems that people have screwed bercause thaey have 'a little knowledge' - which is always a dangerous thing. ALL you need to do is drop the Vista 32 bit version of the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL into you root folder. Thats it - finito -period - end - nothing more.