Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Difficult to find time to Flight Sim

I quick note about summer in Canada. The weather is great, the golf greens are fantastic. Family is visiting and the grand kids are great. I bought some new Saitek equipment recently, bought some new planes, bought some new scenery and have barely used it. I just can't drag myself into my dark office to play flightsim right now. My RV is great and heading out on another trip shortly. Now that I am newly retired I thought I was going to be flight simming more and it turns out I am simming less. I wonder what fall/winter will bring? When the rains begin and weather here in Canada turns less desirable. I have some simming scenery indoor projects I want to complete and upload here. Well we shall see. But, at this time, looks like simming takes a back burner to my many other pursuits.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

That's what winter is for. It is still winter here in New Zealand so I've squeezed in some good FSX time this season. As soon as summer comes to our part of the world the computer rarely comes on.

Matthew Kane

We're doing home renos right now. Painted all the outside stucco and complete inside. 30 gallons to paint the stucco. Carpet is gone on 3 floors and laminates are in. Cork under the laminates. All new light fixtures. All that brass s&^t lighting is out. About 6 g notes so far. No time for simming. I miss it. I too hope retirement brings more sim time but according to bwallis, I might be wrong. Maybe it's a CANADA thing. JimCYWG

I also find it difficult to find sim time lately due to work constraints and family obligations. and of course on my very few days off the wife seems to find better things for me to do than sitting in front of the computer flying from my home airport (YQQ) to any where no matter how short.Would love to get back into some online flying again just to have the interaction with fellow simmers.Everybody have a great summer. or winter if you're south of the equator.