Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dm123

2 little questions

Hello everyone, as the title says, I have two questions after buying the NGX last night (no FPS issues though, even my crappy laptop can run it smoothly! smile.png ) First, do I need to apply the hotfix if I bought it on August 21st? Is the hotfix already built in? Second, I have noticed that some of the text on the labels for various switches seem blurry when I am at the default head position and zoomed out. Is there any way to make this sharper? More specifically, using the "Main panel DUs" label as an example, it is very sharp around 1.00 zoom, a little blurry around 0.6, and completely out of focus and unreadable at 0.3. Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Re Q1. Perhaps you can check the installer. If it says that is going to install version 1.00.2922 then you are up to date Re Q2. Check your FSX display settings. Make sure you have checked "high resolution Virtual Cockpit"

Re Q1 Yes if you downloaded after Aug. 16/11, you have the latest. To put your mind at rest, Look at the the Readme file that came with it and it tells you in there.

I checked the readme, and it is up to date. Thanks. I have checked high-res cockpit, the various CFG settings as mentioned in the intro document, but still seems very blurry when zoomed out. Any ideas?

I fixed the blurriness by changing my settings so that my graphics card controls the AA and stuff like that instead of FSX. problem solved.

I fixed the blurriness by changing my settings so that my graphics card controls the AA and stuff like that instead of FSX. problem solved.
+1 I just did this - see my separate post...thanks for the tip. Andrew Vincent