Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Yoke and Pedals not Recognized When Restarting FSX

This never happened on my previous install of FSX with Win Vista. Now I have a new install on a new system with Win 7-64 bit-SP1, and if I exit FSX, come back the next night after the computer was in sleep mode and restart FSX, my CH Flight Yoke and Rudder pedals aren't recognized. I thought it was a calibration problem the first time it happened but I simply could not get them to work. I exited FSX, restarted the computer, and after restarting FSX they worked fine. If I restart right after exiting, they still work, it only seems to happen after long periods when the system has been asleep. Any ideas why this happens now and never did before on my previous system? Thanks. Tom

FlapsI think something was posted on CH Hanagr Forums about this in that when Windows wakes up from sleep it does not 'recognise' the CH USB controllers.One poster on http://www.flightsim...p/t-224791.html fixed it by: "I followed instructions in a MS Technet article that modifies the registry entry for each USB host controller - I added ForceHCResetOnResume to the registry entries for each CH product - that change then enabled the next change to be effective". This is for Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928631 but it explains the procedure.Obviously changing the power settings will also fix the issue.RegardsPeterH

Unplugging and replugging the USB connectors also forces Windows to recognize the units.. You can do this without shutting down FSX.

Bert

Tom - the default USB Power Management setting in Win7 is for it to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". You can access and change this setting (un-check the box) through the Device Manager -> Power Management. (Rt-Click on Computer, select Manage)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the help, guys.Paul,I tried to find the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox you mentioned above but I could not find a Power Management setting under "Manage". The closest I found was under "Hardware and Sound" -> "Change Power Saving Settings" -> "Change Plan Settings"-> ( under High Performance which I have enabled), "Change Advanced Power Settings" -> "USB Settings" -> "USB Selective Suspend Setting" ->which is set to "enabled". I disabled this, restarted the computer, opened FSX and it worked fine. I put the computer to sleep, woke it up, restarted FSX, and the controls did not work. Is this the setting you are referring to? Thanks, TomP.S.Paul, I think I found the setting you mentioned. Under Device Manager I found several "USB Hub" entries. I selected each one and disabled the "Allow Computer to turn off this device" setting. Unfortunately it did not correct the problem.Bert,I had tried the unplugging of the usb chords as you suggested and I heard the "ding dong" for the yoke but could not get it to recognize the pedals after repeated tries. Tom