Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JS212

PMDG and Weather

Hi all! I've been a long time customer with PMDG, and I cannot even begin to describe how pleased I am with the aircraft that they produce for us simmers. Most recent 3 purchases have been the MD-11, JS41, and the 737NGX. Anyhow, I have been noticing different reactions to the types of weather related programs that are available for FSX. I'm far less interested in the 'which program is better' debate; however, I am very interested to know which program (ie. ASE or REX) seems to work best with PMDG products. Some customers seem to have problems with certain add-on weather programs. As a side note; I would like to thank the team at PMDG for inspiring my pursuit of aviation. I remember the day, back in in 2005, when my Dad bought the 747 with the money I had earned from mowing lawns over the summer. Now, at 23, I'm very near achieving my goal. Many thanks in advance!

John Heyeer

PPL

Instrument Rating

Multi-eng

First congrats on your aviation career and good luck. Second most folks I have seen pick a REX theme, install it and let ASE handle the weather. From my own experiences, REX alone crashed on me, but the REX textures and ASE handling the WX works best for me.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

The problem does not stem from the weather program but certain features of the FSX weather. There have been plenty of posts from all involved about this issue and the work arounds.

Jim's right - any weather app (including FSX default) can cause problems. I personally use ASE with REX2 OD's textures and some mods to the weather via FSUIPC.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sorry guys if I appeared to be eluding to severe issues with different weather programs. I was just going off some recent posts that have been made regarding the NGX. I'm really not familiar with non-aircraft based add-on's, other than Ultimate Traffic II.I'll go ahead and purchase both.Again; Thank You for the kind words and the advice. I truly appreciate it! @Tabs (Ryan)- I've experienced the weather issues with FSX. That was one of the reasons why I was interested in purchasing a separate program to control weather. :) I feel like a newb since I've been out of the FS world for such a long time. I'm grateful to see that there are still places that are willing to help us out. Great work with the NGX! Thank You for assuaging my fears regarding the weather and PMDG aircraft, which I truly love!

John Heyeer

PPL

Instrument Rating

Multi-eng