Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

major_wales

Vertical speed on the AutoPilot

Hello folks Does anyone know how to enable the Vertical Ascent Speed on the a-p in the 737? I tried the v/s switch and set climb for 2500 fpm, but it didn't work and the aircraft climbed far too quickly, had I let it continue it would have stalled. PLEASE HELP! I have watched numerous tutorials, but none include how to do this. It's really annoying because I can fly the aircraft perfectly apart from that. Thanks

Ben

Vertical Speed in the real worl is only use for small changes in altitube.Level Change is used for large changes. Example !If you are at 5000 ft and in Alt Hold.Change Altitude to 6000 ft and V/S will be armed as can be seen on the PFD.You would then use the V/S wheel to climb at a reasonable rate.When you reach 6000 ft the plane will level off in ALT HOLD again.

Frederic Steiner.

B7382.jpg

Small changes in altitude in the real world or not... you still shouldn't be having issues. Mine works perfectly. If you set 2500 fpm you should have got 2500 fpm. If the autopilot is engaged, and you have set a higher altitude, it should have worked. Obviously in that scenario there is no speed protection, and many an aircraft has got into trouble when the airspeed has decayed. Martin wilby