Sign in to follow this  
towerdude

EditVoicePack Problem

hey fs fans, there seems to be something wrong with editvoicepack v4.0. everytime i go on it, it shows an error message like this: "An error occured in EditVoicePack. Please read the following error message and - if possible - correct the problem. If you do not know how to correct the problem restart editvoicepack and try again.The identifier contains an invalid type prefix: AIR CANADA JAZZ" I don't know how this happened. if anyone can tell me how to fix it, that will be great. towerdude

Hey, TD: open up the Edit Voice Pack\DataFiles folder and you'll see a. xml file called "EditVoicepackDataFSX.xml". Do a search for "Jazz", and you'll find all the AC Jazz entries. The identifier should be "identifier="AIRLINE JAZZ".. I think, somehow this might have been changed to identifier="AIRLINE AIR CANADA JAZZ". If this is the case - close the xml file, copy it, and then paste it right back in the same folder. It will automatically rename it for you. THEN - re-open the original file, find the erroneous entries, and fix them. Save and close the file, and re-run EVP. I hope this fixes it, eh? LOL.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

where do I search for "Jazz"? just to add also, the app. crashes (in other words, it doesn't go to the main screen. It just shows it loading up then itshows the message and then i click close and, it crashes and i cant do anything).Frustrated.gif

Sounds like you should reinstall it altogether. Did it ever open and run properly? Editing:- go to the "\Edit Voice Pack\DataFiles" folder and you'll see an .xml file called "EditVoicepackDataFSX.xml". This is the file to open and search. Have you added any modification files to it?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It has ran and opened properly before. I haven't added anything to this. I don't know where to find them.

It has ran and opened properly before. I haven't added anything to this. I don't know where to find them.
The file should be in your "Program files\Bevelstone Production\EditVoicepack X\DataFiles" folder Remember the file is a XML file so don't just try and open it, Use Notebook, or use the edit option when you right click it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The file should be in your "Program files\Bevelstone Production\EditVoicepack X\DataFiles" folder Remember the file is a XML file so don't just try and open it, Use Notebook, or use the edit option when you right click it.
I opened it with notepad but it doesn't really help.

Did you search for AIR CANADA JAZZ?

Well I can't help much more, but here's their support forum. Give them a shot. http://www.fsonline.dk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=fc383041cb371a98f7a002493259460d

Hi Avsim  

am using EditVoicePack X  for fsx   the program launches ok but if i go to file i cant open it. i haven't  a clue it was working fine until i installed the XL version but i uninstalled it and now when i installed the X version i get this

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
   at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.InternalUseOnly.AppDomainEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String processUpdaterPath, String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\InstallerApi\InternalUseOnly.cs:line 71
   at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.InternalUseOnly.AppDomainEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String processUpdaterPath, String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)
   at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.VoicepackUpdater.GetIsProcessElevationRequired(Boolean updateAirlinesCfg) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\InstallerApi\VoicepackUpdater.cs:line 149
   at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.MainForm.FileSubmenuOpened(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\Client\MainForm.xaml.cs:line 660

Could not load file or assembly 'Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel, Version=5.5.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1fde49c36acdfc5b' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.ApiEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)

From the error message, it looks like you still have parts of the XL version installed (5.5.9). The X version is version 4. Try uninstalling the X version and deleting all the Bevelstone folders in <drive>:Program files (x86) and if they still exist in the hidden folders c:/ProgramData and c:/users/<username>/appdata/roaming.

Then reinstall the X version. Personally I would use XL version as it is the most recent and is constantly updated.

that wrked thanks   il look into buying the XL one further down the line bit hared when you have a 1yearold running around moneyt is skint lol  

thanks tho