Sign in to follow this  
moey124

brakes not working after landing

hey guys, i have encourted a small problem, my brakes dont seem to work after landing, i usally set the brakes to 2 on the knob, then i turn it off after landing then after my brakes wont work. i keep clicking the "." on my keyboard but brakes dont work, could somebody help me out on this please thanks.

Roger that! I'm experiencing the same problem precisely. Completely stumped. I have no failures turned on at all. As soon as I've touched down and employed reverse thrusters and get to 80 kts, I disengage the Autobrakes and apply slight pressure on the brakes and they're not responding at all? I guess we'll see if PMDG pick up on this little beaut. I admittedly haven't applied the update as yet as I've read some users have experienced adverse effects so I'm a little hesitant to install it (thinking that perhaps the update might address this issue)?! Rgds, XCL

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi, make sure you have the carbon brakes.I stop the reverse at 60 kts and 2 clicks on the trigger of my joystick to disengage the auto brakes.Another thing, look at the temperature of your brakes.The hotter they are the weaker they become.If you take off again and you retract the landing gear, a fire alarm will ring in the wheel well due to the heat!!! AlainV

if service based failures are enabled, it sounds like the brakes have overheated, therefore they will not work, check the failures section of the FMC when this happens, it happens to me every now and again (very cool i think)

I'm having the same issue now. Worked perfectly for weeks, and last night on my second flight (first one was flawless), the brakes failed after touchdown. And they still do so today. Same a/c, nothing changed, no failures active, no overheating. To me it does not look like the actual brakes don't work, but rather that FSX can't apply the brakes any more. If this were due to an a/c malfunction of any kind (like service based failures), shouldn't the BRAKE message appear on the bottom left of the screen nevertheless when I pull the trigger or press the dot key? At least it does so when the autobrakes kick-in.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

I've had this problem since the start aswell . This has been happening with steel and carbon sets with failures disabled .I thought i'd fixed the problem by re-calibrating my X52 PRO , i went a good 20 flights with no issues .Then last night flying into EDI bang !!! , with carbon brakes , disengaged reversers at 60kts applied manual braking and nothing ! . Checked the brake temps 0.0 were showing .I've had this issue with the original day 1 version and the subsequent hotfixes . *EDIT* Just landed at EGBB and everything was fine :S

Malcolm Rouse

INTEL X58, CORE I7 920, LOW LATENCY 6G RAM, ANTEC 300 CASE, SAMSUNG SPOINT 1TB, HDD VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB, SAMSUNG S222A - 22X DVD+/-/RW, NOCTUA NH-U12P, ATI RADEON 5870 1024MB, WIN7 64, FSX , TRACKIR 5 , X52 ,SAMSUNG 32" HDTV , 19" TFT.

Have you tried serviceing the brakes in the failures section? Or does this not work if SB failures are off?