Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

Making Waypoints (Tutorial)

I've been able to make waypoints relative to new waypoints, but further experimentation, the only way I can get it to work is if the second waypoint is along the new track. Note the second new waypoint has been given the same name as the first.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

[...]But I can swear I've seen this working before, maybe before SP1 ... or I'm just too confused.[...]
Now that is a good sign for us "software-only" pilots: If you mistake the simulated CDU for the real one, then PMDG must have done a good job LOL.gifBut I will try if activating the new waypoint has any impact on this. Because I did not active it in my attempts.Regards,Martin

Martin Renner

"I found it was also possible to make waypoints relative to custom waypoints, though others have said the NGX can't do this. It works if you downselect the custom waypoint to the scratchpad and edit that. However the NGX doesn't give the new point a new name, so you have two waypoints with the same name."it does not work : when downselecting a custom wypt to the scratchpad to edit it with new bearing/distance data I get the "Not in database" message as soon as it's inserted in the FMCand it should not according to Ryan. Quoting him "The functionality for making custom waypoints based on other custom waypoints is not presently modeled - it's possible we'll look at this for SP2"http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365600-place-bearing-distance-wypt/page__pid__2292016#entry2292016

Has anyone noticed any changes with making custom waypoints since SP3 ?Fred.

Good afternoon Mr. Frederic,i have one significant notice. Now i could create new waypoints via FIX page. For example, If i would like to start descent 90 NM before FAF: KARME (KRNO RNAV 34L), i will be open FIX page, i will be type KARME and on the second line (2L) I will be type distance in format /090. If you will be downselect 2L, FMC will be creating the new waypoint, whitch you could transfer to legs page. It was not possible before sp1c, for me. Thank you, PMDG.Mr. Fred., Do you have some notice about changes with making custom waypoints.Ondrej Benda (LKMT)

Has anyone noticed any changes with making custom waypoints since SP3 ?Fred.
SP3? I'm still waiting for SP2. :(

ki9cAAb.jpg

Good afternoon Mr. Frederic,i have one significant notice. Now i could create new waypoints via FIX page. For example, If i would like to start descent 90 NM before FAF: KARME (KRNO RNAV 34L), i will be open FIX page, i will be type KARME and on the second line (2L) I will be type distance in format /090. If you will be downselect 2L, FMC will be creating the new waypoint, whitch you could transfer to legs page. It was not possible before sp1c, for me. Thank you, PMDG.Mr. Fred., Do you have some notice about changes with making custom waypoints.Ondrej Benda (LKMT)
Nothing new to report !
SP3? I'm still waiting for SP2. :(
Sorry about that !I meant SP1c.Fred.